March 28, 2024, 17:01
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds  (Read 30414 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 13:07 »

I think all these materials use the same UV set. On screenshots I see that the mesh has 2 UV sets. 2nd UV set is always lightmap (for StaticMesh), so there's only 1 UV set left. I think all 14 materials are mapped using the same UVs.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 17:15 »

Hey Gildor, just wondering what this means when I try to open up the heightmap of PUBG or isn't it possible to load that up in UModel?
SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize <- FByteBulkData::SerializeDataChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeData <- UTexture2D::LoadBulkTexture:File=/TslGame/Content/Maps/TslCapture.umap <- UTexture2D::GetTextureData:HQ_Lightmap1_1 <- ExportTexture <- ExportObject:LightMapTexture2D'HQ_Lightmap1_1' <- ExportObjects <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=597

Cheers.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 19:33 »

There should be a error message, you stripped it.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 12:50 »

Hey just want to let ya all know that Befzz has updated his PSK/X importer, can now import pubg assets easier with better UV map support, but also ones like the Buggy that would be all messed up,  I've made a thread here....

http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,3308.msg22803.html#msg22803

Blender + Linux User Here.
mechadeath

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 21:30 »

hello,
I'm also trying to find/export the 16 bit heightmap textures from this package with no luck.

my process so far:
1. export the Heightmap_x_y.umap  files from the main game PAKs using umodel
2. try opening/exporting the Heightmap_x_y.umap file from both console and gui of umodel

i get an error when attempting to open the umap file in umodel:
Loading package: Heightmap_x3_y3.umap Ver: 508/0 Engine: 0 [Unversioned] Names:
398 Exports: 122 Imports: 135 Game: 10000E0
WARNING: it seems package Heightmap_x3_y3.umap has missing .uexp file
Loaded in 0 sec, 28 allocs, 0.00 MBytes serialized in 0 calls.
Loading Texture2D Texture2D_0 from package Heightmap_x3_y3.umap
******** Loading object Texture2D'Heightmap_x3_y3.Texture2D_0' ********
*** ERROR: Unable to read 1 bytes at pos=0x1923C7F
FFileReader::Serialize:File=Heightmap_x3_y3.umap <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize
 <- UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=01923C7F <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::Seria
lizeProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serializ
e4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'Heightmap_x3_y3.Texture2D_0'
, pos=1923C7F, ver=508/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.14 <- UObject::EndLoad <- Main:
umodel_version=617

Any advice on extracting heightmaps is greatly appreciated
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 21:38 »

Hi. Heightmaps are not supported. Actually there's no texture format which will support 16-bit greyscale images.
mechadeath

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 22:24 »

Hi Gildor, thanks for the quick response.
I think the data I want is in the ubulk files but I'm unsure how to access it

Also in regard to the type of file used for terrain height; it's a .RAW 16 bit greyscale file that I'm looking for; https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Landscape/Custom/#heightmapformats
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 22:46 by mechadeath » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 18:10 »

I think the data I want is in the ubulk files but I'm unsure how to access it
ubulk is just a separated part of uasset.
Also in regard to the type of file used for terrain height; it's a .RAW 16 bit greyscale file that I'm looking for; https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Landscape/Custom/#heightmapformats
Interesting. I've added a todo item for that - https://trello.com/c/Oq8f8XlP/195-heightmap-support
mechadeath

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 18:05 »

Any news here? Was anyone able to locate/extract heightmap data for PUBG?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 18:07 »

Sorry, I'm just too busy. Can't even find free time to add UE4.17 support.
beggarboy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 00:51 »

Hi everyone,
I've been trying to export the PUBG sounds for like 4 days now?
I tried HyperRipper, DragonUnpacker, aluigis QuickBMS etc.

The only thing that worked was aluigis QuickBMS Unreal Tournament 4 Script. That gave me a working folder structure populated with correctly named files.
Now comes the odd thing. I tried to export sounds with UEViewer, but it just refuses to export. It just doesn't do anything. Folder stays empty. Every other displayable object, planes, cars etc name it exports and displays perfectly.
What throws me off a bit is: I know for a fact that PUBG used a WWise Sound Plugin to develop the sounds and when I try to open the Unreal Engine project file Unreal Editor asks for the WWise Plugin and other things. I don't think I can open it with Unreal Editor though, because the project doesn't really load, it runs through, asks for plugins, asks if it should be compiled and then just does nothing. So I think going with Unreal Editor is a dead end. I might be wrong though. Gildor you have a lot more experience with the materia then I do.

So for shits and giggles I tried feeding UEViewer the TslGame_sound.pak and interestingly enough it sorta eats it, even with the correct mount points (TslGame/Content) but after that UEViewer says it can't find the package, which is really odd.

https://i.imgur.com/xldOXZn.png

I would appreciate any help or ideas here, because I don't really know whats left to do. I've tried quite a lot now.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 01:10 »

Hi,
"Unable to find package ... blablabla ... file.pak"
This means that you're trying to open PAK file as UASSET. You shouldn't do that. Pak files are automatically scanned on umodel startup when you'll provide a correct path for files.
beggarboy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2017, 01:30 »

Alright, noted. So now I dug a bit deeper and tried to feed it an AWM and an AK sound .uasset.

UEViewer even correctly sees it as Sound, but it just doesn't export it.

https://i.imgur.com/BECXXPE.png

What causes that behaviour?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2017, 01:34 »

This message explains itself. It was also added to FAQ. you may see that this uasset has 1 AkAudioEvent object. This is not a wave file. Also, "Ak" prefix means Wwise, which is also not supported.
beggarboy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2017, 01:38 »

Alright, I just asked because I thought there might be a possibility that log message pops up because the uasset is not "displayable" as in 3D object, as UEViewers main purpose is to handle 3D objects and not sounds etc.

Good coding.

Is there any known procedure to "extract" a WWise Audio Event? Have you dealt with something like this before?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: