March 28, 2024, 22:01
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Army of Two The 40th Day?  (Read 20209 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 09:50 »

Hi,
Read the FAQ: http://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/faq#texturing
see "How to extract data from the textures.tfc?"
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 17:47 »

Hi back, Gildor...

I have been read your post... And I have been read the thread that you given to me, but it's only says :

" Textures.tfc cannot be extracted directly. This file is used by Unreal Engine 3 (and by umodel) automatically when package file has streamed texture. This file contains texture data, but texture metadatas (texture name, size, format) are located inside upk files.
The same applies to the Bioshock's .blk and Unreal Championship 2 .xpr files. "

So, this means, I can't open that package file ?? Or I still can open it by someways ??
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 17:52 »

This is not a package file. This is a collection of texture bulk data used by packages. However sometimes this file has the same extension like packages, so UModel can't recognize that this is not a package, and it crashes with various errors (in your case this is "wrong package tag").
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 17:59 »

Hmmm... Okay, Gildor....
Last question, Then, what's the solution ? Is there anyway to open this bulk file ??

Thanks for your fast reply before...
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 18:04 »

No way. This file is used when UModel (or UE3) loads a texture from package. Packaged texture has reference to bulk data. But bulk data has no reference to owner texture.
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 18:11 »

Thank you so much Gildor...
Keep your tool (UE viewer) up... You're the best editor tool programmer than I ever see it before...  Wink
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 18:14 »

Thanks Smiley
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 22:09 »

Hi Gildor, I have been tried... Actually, yesterday when I failed to load Textures.xxx was my wrong... I tried to open 01_map_street2.xxx and it worked !!! I can see my textures here... But why it's low res ?? I have checked your FAQ thread, it's because TFC file is missing, how to fix this ?? One step ahead and the textures are so impressed me... Help me, Gildor...

[вложение удалено Администратором]
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 22:16 »

Again, exact question from FAQ. I'd suggest you to re-read at least "texturing" section and follow all links there.
Check UModel's log. If it wants a TFC file and can't find it, it pops a message there.
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 23:25 »

Yes Gildor, I see if the log returned " can't find TFC file ( TFC file is missing ) ", but I'm never to modify or change XXX file into TFC... Is that way can do ? Because I'm not a skilled programmer or else, if that way is yes, then how to do it ?? ( on your thread some peoples say " ...Hex editor " )... The Textures file format is .xxx as I said before, not .tfc....

Before this game, I have been rip Spec Ops The Line game too... And it's worked ( because the Textures file format is .tfc )... Btw, thanks so much for this tool again, I can rip that game... Now, at least Army Of Two 40th day...

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 23:35 »

TFC could have XXX extension (and, according to your first post, it HAS). So, as I understand, you copied some files into special directory to extract them. And these "some files" didn't include textures.xxx file.

If you'd read FAQ carefully, you'd notice
Another note: this error often exists when user (following some third-party tutorials) is copying game files to some directory and trying to extract files from that place. This is wrong - umodel is written to open files directly from the game directory, no file copying is required.

I.e. you should install the game and point UModel to game installation directory. You shouldn't copy anything.
If game is not installed but rather extracted from ISO (for consoles), you should extract EVERYTHING "as is" to some directory and point UModel to it. If you'll continue copying packages from game directory to "special directory for UModel", you'll continue getting missing textures etc and will continue asking questions asked by other people hundreds of times so they were put into FAQ.
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 08:48 »

I have been do all what you told me before :

1. Insert Army Of Two 40th Day Xbox 360 disc game.
2. Using " Xbox-Backup-Creator-v2.9-Build-0350 ", I'm going to " Image Browser " tab, and I extracted all package inside Army Of Two Multiplayer
    folder to C:\Users\Mandrakossij'k\Desktop\Xbox-Backup-Creator-v2.9-Build-0350\Army Of Two MP
3. I'm not copying anything or do something on this folder, but I'm extracting your Umodel tool ( with it's SDL2 ) to here.
4. I'm trying to open it ( 05_UrbanSquare_world_art.xxx ) by using Umodel.
5. Still same problem as before, I can't view the texture with high res, it's still returned " TFC file is missing ".

Then, how to get the High Res Textures ? Should I use Unreal Engine to do it ?

Note :

There's a file in directory C:\Users\Mandrakossij'k\Desktop\Xbox-Backup-Creator-v2.9-Build-0350\Army Of Two MP\AO3MPGame\Config\Xenon\Cooked, where it's called " coalesced.ini ", maybe I must do something with this ini file to get High Res Textures ?

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 10:20 »

... please tell me, how to open Textures.xxx Huh?
In this message, you had TFC file. But now it is missing. What's wrong?

Coalesced.ini has no data, this file contains settings etc.
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 10:38 »

... please tell me, how to open Textures.xxx Huh?
In this message, you had TFC file. But now it is missing. What's wrong?

Coalesced.ini has no data, this file contains settings etc.

How do you know if I have TFC file while that time ? It's still Textures.xxx but error when I opened it... So, I opened another xxx except Textures.xxx or CharTextures.xxx, but it's not detect Textures.tfc ( Yes, there's no Textures.tfc, it's only Textures.xxx )... A hour ago, I have been tried the game on Xbox 360, when I played, it's textures is so High Res... But when I extracted it, it's low res... I don't know how the game's work with High Res Textures, but it must be somewhere that I don't know... Maybe you can try it and know how to resolve it ? I have checked all of your forum according that thread, another websites, but not working for me... But according by someone in your forum, it's tell me if " 3DStudio Max 2011 " can do it...

But, I'm believe in my deepest heart, if this tool can export this textures somehow with High Res Quality, but I don't know how to do it...  Cry
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 12:51 »

textures.xxx = textures.tfc. And I have no idea why UModel was able to find it before (when you tried to open it directly) but can't find it now. This file should be in the same directory as other packages.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: