March 28, 2024, 18:39
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Little Nightmares  (Read 3053 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 13:34 »

What kind of customization did you mean? UModel can combine identical materials, but this would mean: head, legs, hands - everything will be covered with a single material, model will lose division to parts. If designers decided to preserve a possibility to change these materials independently (e.g. "red legs" and "blue hands"), the possibility will be lost.
Is it so hard for you to do the fix by hands? It's a few seconds of work.
PaulNevada

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2021, 18:33 »

What fix do you mean here that I can try myself?

Also, tried to unpack GameFolder totally (everything) and received such an error:

TArray: index 0 is out of range (0)
Sequence <- Keys <- DoExportPsa <- ExportObject: Skeleton'SKEL_BoltCutter' <- ExportObjects <- ExportPackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog: modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1483
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 18:35 by PaulNevada » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 21:48 »

Could you send me a set of files which crashes umodel? (it's some animation which is bound to SKEL_BoltCutter). You can use "Save packages" to get them outside of pak, but please test with saved files again, to be sure that you saved enough data for error reproduction.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 23:59 »

@Gildor: I couldn't reproduce the error with latest game version and 1487 umodel build, the whole "Game" folder can be exported just fine with default umodel and export settings (with psk/pskx). There is possibility that the error is not directly related to umodel (like path length limit for windows or something).
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2021, 01:40 »

The error happens when some AnimSequence is EMPTY, I already saw it before with one of Fortnote assets - but I lost the information about reproduction, so I wasn't able to fix that.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2021, 04:41 »

@Gildor: More info on the matter - SKEL_BoltCutter asset exists only in Little Nightmares II (demo), which is different game. Imho, it looks like umodel was used on root folder / merged folders, so internally some animation could refer to similar asset from different game (or something). Again, "Game" folder from LN2 demo can be fully exported just fine without any issue. Maybe that problem with Fortnite was also because of some leftovers and it shouldn't happen if single game version is opened at a time.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 04:43 by spiritovod » Logged
PaulNevada

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2021, 23:45 »

Could you send me a set of files which crashes umodel? (it's some animation which is bound to SKEL_BoltCutter). You can use "Save packages" to get them outside of pak, but please test with saved files again, to be sure that you saved enough data for error reproduction.
This happens with the LNII Demo Project (Steam) - sorry, everyone, I haven't mentioned that on time. Gildor, may I help here somehow?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: