March 29, 2024, 17:08
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [UModel] Skeleton exporting but not animations  (Read 3183 times)
Kalvinis

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2017, 02:14 »

Hello.

I've been using the program UModel to export various textures, meshes, etc. I do enjoy using UModel, but have run into a small issue (which may not be one).

Whenever I attempt to export an animation from an Unreal Engine 4 game (4.15 to be exact, so it's probably not supported yet), the relevant skeleton for said animation is exported but not the animation file for said skeleton. So basically, I try to export "anim00_run.uasset" to get an animation file, but instead I get "Soldier_Normal_Skeleton.psa".

At first I thought it may have been related to an error about not finding the relevant skeleton file (which did pop up), but after clearing that up, the same issue comes up again.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:33 by Kalvinis » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 11:27 »

Hi.
Psa file holds multiple animations. This was because UE1-UE3 skeletal animation has a kind of AnimSet object, and this object holded all tracks.
For UE4 this was changed. All animations are standalone now. However they ALL references the same skeleton. Too keep existing architecture, I'm using "Skeleton" object as "AnimSet" now. This is why it appears for you like if "skeleton was exported".
Sunlar01

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 00:46 »

ah that makes sense now thank you

What do you suppose I do to fix this problem using Umodel setting or game version?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: