March 28, 2024, 15:39
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Decompressor Not Working For Friday The 13th The Game  (Read 1788 times)
nnvt

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2017, 15:59 »

Hi There!

I'm trying to extract the pak archive for Friday The 13th The Game but the Unreal Package Decompressor throws the following error:
******** SummerCamp-WindowsNoEditor.pak ********
*** ERROR: Wrong tag in package: 00000000
FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:SummerCamp-WindowsNoEditor.pak, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:SummerCamp-WindowsNoEditor.pak <- Main

The game tag is there but even when I add "-game=friday13" it still fails! Umodel does not have this problem and works fine with that tag.

Any solution?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 16:02 »

Hi,

Decompressor is not supposed to be used on .pak files. If you want to extract .uasset files from .pak, there are different methods of doing that.
nnvt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 16:05 »

Hi,

Decompressor is not supposed to be used on .pak files. If you want to extract .uasset files from .pak, there are different methods of doing that.

I guess you could extract those using umodel and modify them but I'm not exactly sure if you can insert those modded textures back into the archive? (give that the game doesn't run checks on startup though)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 16:44 »

If "archive" in your message is .pak file - then yes. You can extract pak file, change everything you want, and then pack .pak file back using UE4. Two questions arises after that:

1. how to force modded game to accept modified pak file: many games has protection against modifications now, mostly online games, to protect from cheating.
2. how to make a new uasset file so game will accept it.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: