March 29, 2024, 02:34
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: How can I get an UnrealI model to be playable in UT99  (Read 4072 times)
SuspendedNight

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:16 »

Ok, this is not exactly a usage problem, it's more along the lines "how can I do this". But I wasn't sure where to post this? What I need to do is get one of the original unreal (single-player game's) models exported so I can load it with the same skeletal animations as the ut99 players. I've noticed that unreal players are physically smaller than ut99 players, and I'm almost certain this will cause a problem when trying to insert the skeleton?

Also, on the other side of that, I've heard that both UnrealI and UT99 used vertex animations instead of skeletal animation, so I'm not sure how to go about doing this?

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 14:33 »

VertexMeshes imported into u-files using uc scripts only. If you will export meshes with "-uc" command line option, umodel will additionally produce scripts which can import these meshes (I have not tested them though).
SuspendedNight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 21:10 »

I'm sure what this "-uc" command is, I don't see it in the list of commands on the help file? Are you saying to export both -- the mesh and it's animations with the command line?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 21:16 »

The full list of available commands can ge obtained when running umodel without arguments.
Vertex meshes are always exported with animations.
SuspendedNight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 23:49 »

The full list of available commands can ge obtained when running umodel without arguments.
Vertex meshes are always exported with animations.
Ok, I'm still a little unsure of this since this is for one of the classic unreal titles. Everything (in the command list) is layed out perfectly in reference to the the newer games, but is the right command to use for what I'm trying to to do -- changing the packages and name of the mesh to link up correctly, of course.

umodel -path=c:/games/ut2004 -export HumanMaleA MercMaleD
    export SkeletalMesh MercMaleD from HumanMaleA package as psk
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 23:51 by SuspendedNight » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 23:54 »

Yes, this is correct export command.
SuspendedNight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 00:04 »

Ok, I did it. but it exported it as 2 files Male2_a.3d and Male2_d.3d, I though they were going export as a .psk?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 00:06 »

psk is a skeletal mesh, 3d is a vertex mesh (_a.3d is an animation, _d.3d is a mesh).
SuspendedNight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 00:56 »

Got it so at this point, how do I get this vertex mesh to have the same movements and animations as the ut99 players, is that possible? Or is this going to cross over into the realm of scripting the actual .uc file for the model?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 01:43 »

You should check other forums for this.
Check oldunreal.com
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: