March 28, 2024, 15:25
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 Importing Problems  (Read 12994 times)
steven1075

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2010, 06:23 »

Hi I'm trying to import the PSK file into Unreal Development Kit, but it crashes everytime I start the process.
huahuapro
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 06:43 »

me too!!!!!

need help!!!!!!!!!!!!
steven1075

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 06:45 »

I know the admin said that animation isnt supported right now, so does that mean that the models cant be used right now?
MultiPlayer
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 07:28 »

Import model in 3D Max, and from 3D Max export through plug-in ActorX (it{he} goes complete with UDK)
steven1075

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 07:35 »

Ok, but how do I get the PSK file into 3DS Max? I have the ActorX Tool installed, but that is only for exporting models not importing them
steven1075

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 07:40 »

Ok never mind (Jeez Im dumb lol) I found the ActorX importer right here on Gildor's website... Heres the link if anyone needs it: http://www.gildor.org/projects/unactorx
steven1075

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 11:43 »

Ok one more question. Why is it the afc files will not export?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 13:35 »

Hi I'm trying to import the PSK file into Unreal Development Kit, but it crashes everytime I start the process.
Are you trying to import skeletal mesh or static mesh?

Ok one more question. Why is it the afc files will not export?
What is "afc files"?
steven1075

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 20:05 »

I no longer have issues with import the PSK files, I'm using the ActorX Importer to import the PSK files and then resave them which works great.
What is "afc files"?
Along with the PCC files (Extracted into Meshes, Textures, & Materials) in the CookedPC folder there are roughly 1,155 AFC files. My guess is that they are dialog scenes, but I have no clue.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 20:16 »

I no longer have issues with import the PSK files, I'm using the ActorX Importer to import the PSK files and then resave them which works great.
I'm still have a question: have you worked with static or skeletal meshes? If "static" - that was your error (there is no way to import psk-statics into UnrealEd, it's my own extension), if "skeletal" - probably this is my error and it must be fixed.

Along with the PCC files (Extracted into Meshes, Textures, & Materials) in the CookedPC folder there are roughly 1,155 AFC files. My guess is that they are dialog scenes, but I have no clue.
I have no this game so I cannot verify what is it.
steven1075

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 20:25 »

I'm still have a question: have you worked with static or skeletal meshes? If "static" - that was your error (there is no way to import psk-statics into UnrealEd, it's my own extension), if "skeletal" - probably this is my error and it must be fixed.
I can successfully load static and skeletal meshes into UDK If I first import them through the ActorX Importer in 3DS Max, Then export them using ActorX Exporter. But if i just try to directly load static or skeletal meshes into UDK, it crashes.
I have no this game so I cannot verify what is it.
The game is Mass Effect 2.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 20:29 »

UnrealEd should directly load skeletal meshes exported by umodel in psk format. If it is crashed, there is a error somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 20:31 by gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 20:41 »

I have successfully imported UT2004 player model into UDK (I'm using UDKInstall-2009-11-BETA).
Can you send me a psk file which is incompatible with UDK?
(better - source package which contains mesh caused importer error and the name of mesh)
steven1075

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 20:52 »

I have successfully imported UT2004 player model into UDK (I'm using UDKInstall-2009-11-BETA).
Can you send me a psk file which is incompatible with UDK?
(better - source package which contains mesh caused importer error and the name of mesh)

I just uploaded this archive: http://rapidshare.com/files/341440556/Mass_Effect_2_Files.rar

To show you the original PCC file, the extracted PCC file (with the PSK files that cant be imported into UDK without first exporting them through 3DS Max), and an unknown AFC file (Hopefully you can find out what it is, and if it is useful).
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 02:06 »

1. afc is a few concatenated WAV-files.
2. BioA_CitAsL_100.pcc you have sent to me has no meshes
3. BioA_CitAsL_110.pcc (in extracted form) has no skeletal meshes

Can you send me a pcc-file, containing problematic skeletal meshes?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: