March 28, 2024, 15:37
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Textures  (Read 8301 times)
Outlaw
« on: February 19, 2010, 03:34 »

Im new here, so I don't know much about umodel but...

I got umodel to work by using command prompt and everything. But I am looking for the Bioshock Textures. Don't really know where they are but I tried a file. I got this error.

******** DynamicBulkFileTextures.blk ********

ERROR: Wrong tag in package
FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:DynamicBulkFileTextures.blk, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:DynamicBulkFileTextures.blk <- Main

I don't know exactly what that means, but I am not an expert on file types. For all I know .blk is nowhere near what I need. But it is the only thing with Texture in its name I could find. So yea..

Outlaw
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 07:39 »

So I tried a different file, and I have all of this.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 09:38 »

blk files are not packages, they are texture containers.
Outlaw
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 10:30 »

Yea, It was either the BLK files or the BSM map files.

Turns out it was the BSM map files that held everything. Now I have exported the stuff. To bad the textures are 16x16... way to small to use in a Valve game. Im going to have to mess with them now.

Thanks anyways but I figured it out!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 18:11 »

To bad the textures are 16x16...
Make sure blk files are under one of subfolders of root directory specified in "-path" option.
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 21:59 »

Copy the blk files and the bsm files in all one folder and it will export perfectly.

..:: ESR911 ::..
Outlaw
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 01:35 »

hmm ill try those things. Thanks!
Outlaw
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 02:02 »

Ok now this is weird, but also awesome.

Putting the BSM's and BLK's in the same folder then exporting from the BSM's change the texture size to normal. I am guessing the BLK's and BSM's are related somehow? But I don't know why doing that would make it work. No need to question it, the textures are a LOT bigger and actually usable. Thanks a LOT guys, you have been a big help!  Grin
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 02:28 »

Umodel should work without moving blk files when used correctly.
Outlaw
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 02:44 »

If I had set up the "-path" thing, it probably would have. Then again I am a noob at Command Prompt so I find the moving to 1 folder easier.

Now for the models I need a PSK importer. I work with XSI Mod Tool 6. There is a PSK exporter, but so far I haven't found an importer. I have however found several PSK importers for 3Ds Max. I suppose ill have to work with 3Ds Max instead if XSI doesn't have one.

Thanks for the help!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 02:52 »

If I had set up the "-path" thing, it probably would have. Then again I am a noob at Command Prompt so I find the moving to 1 folder easier.
What command line you are using?
Type a full file name (with a path) for any map and for any blk file.
I'll put a correct command line for this.

Now for the models I need a PSK importer. I work with XSI Mod Tool 6. There is a PSK exporter, but so far I haven't found an importer. I have however found several PSK importers for 3Ds Max. I suppose ill have to work with 3Ds Max instead if XSI doesn't have one.
I've made psk/psa importer for 3ds Max. It is hosted on this site.
Outlaw
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 02:56 »

I never really used a path, I just went to the folder, then typed "umodel -export *filename*"
---

Yea, your importer is one of the ones I saw.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 02:58 »

I never really used a path, I just went to the folder, then typed "umodel -export *filename*"
Of course, this will not work. Umodel will never scan for folders upper than its own directory.
Outlaw
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 04:20 »

Your plugin works like a charm, thanks.
neenerpants

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 03:01 »

I solved my problem, so just to update this in case anyone else has a similar issue in future:

it seems I needed the DynamicBulkFileTextures.blk file to be in the same folder too.

I had been using only the level-specific .blk and .bsm files (e.g Lighthouse, Medical, etc), without the DynamicBulkFileTextures.blk file. I guess it contains texture info for all levels combined.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: