March 28, 2024, 15:15
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: MOH Airborne :: Topic  (Read 7337 times)
Thorongil
« on: March 01, 2010, 21:59 »

Medal of Honor Airborne
First of all thank you Gildor(and those who support him) for the input you made to make it possible to mod Moh:a. Although I havn't yet find a way to get to the Maps/scripting/sound parts from the game yet. ( Moha has no Unreal Editor included that's right NO mod tools NO map tools Cheesy). For those who didn't know that yet.

I hope by this message I grabbed your attention so the modding community can grow. The main goal is to recreate Allied Assault into Airborne . I'll put it in an other way a sort of MoH Source.

So far I can only extract/mod:

• *.TGA    = Textures
  • *.MAT    = Material
  • *.PSK     = Meshes
  • *.PSA     = Animations

The missing pieces
  • Scripts
  • Maps
  • Sounds

By scripts I mean the core script inside the .xxx.
I have no clue what kind of file format the maps will be and how to extract them. I do have an Idea to create/change in 3ds max.
The only thing in my mind that's left are the sounds. Are they ogg files? Can they be extracted?
Ow right it pops right in, movie files but that won't be needed.

Are there any solutions I overlooked?
Thumbs up for the support in so many games.

My kindest regards
Thor
Thorongil
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:10 »

I've made contact with someone who worked on moha. This is what he told me:

-There are about 40 different asset types in our packages, but you listed the most common ones.  The .psk meshes are rigged skeletal meshes, but we also have .ase meshes, which are called "static meshes" and don't have a rig.  The other stuff wouldn't really be worth exporting out.

I hope this intel can help to figure out how to export those assets. I've noticed that Medal of Honor Airborne at the Compatibility Chart doesn't support ASE. There for I reply this message. Let me know if you read it..

My regards
Thorongil
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:47 »

ASE (in Unreal Engine) is a StaticMesh format. Umodel can export static meshes for most games, but I've choosed psk format for this.
But according to compatibility table, MOH Airborne StaticMeshes are not supported.
Thorongil
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 10:36 »

I'm not completely sure what you ment in your reply.

As the worker of eala said Moha uses psk rigged meshes and ase static meshes. That part I understand.

But than you say you've chosen to only export psk (rigged meshes) because the compatibility table says so. Didn't you created the compatibility tablet? Allowing to export static meshes conflicts with other scripts? I don't know.. trying to understand, though.

This is where I got lost... The employee of moha says they used static meshes also. You say they didn't?

My regards
Thorongil

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 10:47 »

As the worker of eala said Moha uses psk rigged meshes and ase static meshes.
MOHA uses SkeletalMeshes and StaticMeshes (like all other UE games). PSK and ASE are formats for importing meshes into UnrealEd. Internal mesh format after import is completely different and much more complicated.
But than you say you've chosen to only export psk (rigged meshes) because the compatibility table says so.
I have not made support for this game. Skeletal meshes, animations and textures are supported because they are compatible with basic Unreal Engine. StaticMesh format is modified and requires some research and coding so umodel will support it.
Didn't you created the compatibility tablet?
No. This table is made by Esr911.
This is where I got lost... The employee of moha says they used static meshes also. You say they didn't?
I didn't say so. All games uses all kinds of meshes (skeletal and static). I say that umodel is not compatible with MOH StaticMeshes.
Thorongil
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 10:55 »

Thanks for clearing that up.

StaticMesh format is modified and requires some research and coding so umodel will support it.
How can I assist? What sort of package do you need... I willing to spend some time on helping with the needed research.

Thor.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 11:01 »

Research is always made by me. Other people can help me only by sending me required files.
Thorongil
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 11:07 »

a. Sure, I'm willing to send packages.

b. You can also get moha from the net...

c. Or maybe buy it for a very low price (since the price is ridiculously low).

Which option do you choose?  Cheesy
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 15:10 »

a. Sure, I'm willing to send packages.

b. You can also get moha from the net...

c. Or maybe buy it for a very low price (since the price is ridiculously low).

Which option do you choose?  Cheesy
b. I don't want to play this game, so I don't want to download it
c. and of course I don't want to buy the game to support it in umodel (unless somebody will donate money so I'll be able to buy it "for free")

So, there is only one choise (as usual) - to download required (not all) files.
OrangeC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 21:44 »

http://flameupload.com/files/0LJDWAQW/Aud_Hus_Music_Track.xxx

can you add support for it in package extractor plz?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 22:26 »

Medal of Honor: Airborne is supported "as is" - there is no special code in umodel to support it. So, extractor should open its files.
SLI_Fallen
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 16:02 »

That appears to be an audio package. To my knowledge umodel does not work on those, nor is it intended as such. Even if an audio format is compressed into a package, and even if by chance umodel can extract it, the underlying audio compression format itself can be vastly different game to game. And your at the mercy of somebody willing to try to figure out what that format *IS* and then be able to extract/convert it.

I suggest you look here for more game audio extraction info:

http://forum.xentax.com/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=161cfbf40aaba57d329ce8990f166b5c  
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: