Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Cannot extract from any file other than Entry.bsm (XBox360 Bioshock 1)  (Read 28517 times)
HaLo2FrEeEk
Cannot extract from any file other than Entry.bsm (XBox360 Bioshock 1)
« on: May 09, 2010, 13:40 »

As the title says, I can't seem to extract from any map other than Entry.bsm.  It should be noted that I am using the Xbox 360 version of the game, but the files should be exactly the same.  I've tried so many commands I'm going crazy.  I've tried making my directory structure look like this:

Code:
Bioshock
--Maps
----**All the .bsm map files in here**
--BulkContent
----**All the .blk containers here**

Then navigating to the Bioshock directory and attempting to extract using this:

Code:
umodel -extract 0-Lighthouse

That gives me the same error a bunch of times:

WARNING: BoolProperty "UTexture::bBaked" was not found

And finally this:

Code:
ERROR: Access violation (C0000005) at 0040E244
FixupHavokPackfile <- UAnimationPackageWrapper::Process <- UAnimationPackageWrapper::Serialize <- LoadObject:AnimationPackageWrapper'0-Lighthouse.UAPW_BeaconBallAnim', pos=3B97E78, ver=141/56, game=602 <- UObject::EndLoad <- UnPackage::CreateExport:0-Lighthouse.bsm:2478 <- LoadWholePackage <- Main

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  It's obviously finding the files since relacing -export with -list works just fine, I see a (very long) list of all the contents inside 0-Lighthouse.bsm.

It should also be noted that when I try to extract from Entry.bsm, I only get a single file called Bkgnd.tga, and it's 16x16 pixels.

I've also tried moving all the .blk files (as well as the .bdc file) into the same directory as the maps, then exporting.  Listing still works, but exporting gives the same exact error.

Please help me guys, it's driving me crazy.  Everyone else is saying how they got it to work and I can't get it to work and it's really frustrating!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 15:46 by gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Cannot extract from any file other than Entry.bsm (Bioshock 1)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 15:45 »

I have no XBox360 version of Bioshock to check this issue by myself. It looks like Havok data are different for these platforms, or my Havok data parsing code is not compatible with XBox360 version (because of little-endian/big-endian difference).
I see no reason to add support for XBox360 version of this game because PC version is available and it has the same content as console version.

You may upload XBox360 version 0-Lighthouse.bsm (rar-ed, 7zip-ed etc) so I can check it later (when I'll get free time and finish my current tasks).
HaLo2FrEeEk
Re: Cannot extract from any file other than Entry.bsm (XBox360 Bioshock 1)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 16:44 »

Here's a rar with both the 0-Lighthouse.bsm and 0-lighthouseLevel.blk files:

http://infectionist.com/misc/0-Lighthouse.rar

And I think you should add Xbox 360 support, because some people buy the game for the console, they're not gonna buy it for the PC too.  I'd be super grateful if you could add the support.

Edit: The file is 112MB, and I posted the link before I'd completely uploaded it.  It's 17% done as of right now, so if it says less than 112MB when you go to download it, give it a sec.

Edit 2: I should note that all I'm really after are the textures, for now.  If I could somehow exclude the Havok data from the extract then it might work.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 16:46 by HaLo2FrEeEk » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 21:11 »

Havok data are used to extract skeleton information. Unreal's SkeletalMesh in Bioshock has ripped skeleton.
HaLo2FrEeEk
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 07:24 »

What does that mean?  Is there a way I can exclude certain types in the extract, I'm only interested in Textures, but I get that stupid "UTexture::bBaked" was not found error.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 12:10 »

Look at
WARNING: BoolProperty "UTexture::bBaked"
It's not an error, it's warning.
To exclude meshes you can add "-nomesh" command line switch. This will exclude loading of skeletal meshes (and parsing havok data).
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 08:27 »

As with this topic, I'm getting the same error with BioShock 2's Minerva's Den DLC. It has to do with the Xbox 360 formatting of the files. I've tacked on "-nomesh -nostat -noanim" but the plain fact is it just can't extract anything from those files. It gets the error gildor listed no matter what. It's something to do with the formatting, but I wouldn't understand.

What I hate is it can list all the file names and everything. It just can't pull the actual files out. It was actually able to get a few things from the engine.u, but it was just the cube models and those files of weird colors and junk. There must be some fix for this. Anyone respond?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:30 by MegaScience » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 17:08 »

I have made support for XBox360 textures for this game. Cannot test it though because I have no "catalog.bdc" file (for Bioshock 1 X360).
This code will be available on the next umodel release (in a few days). Look for updates.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 19:07 »

Good, thank you. If this works, I can get to files in the other games, as well. (Considering this problem happens the same way across them as of currently).

An unrelated side note: BioShock Infinite is running a new adaptation of a newer version of Unreal. If you plan to let umodel extract it when it comes out in 2012, you can't adapt from the old games methods. At least not completely. Undecided
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 14:50 »

The new umodel has been published. Try it.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 07:57 »

Note: I'm working with BioShock 2's Minerva's Den Downloadable Content from Xbox 360

I'm having problems extracting high resolution textures. What I find odd is I'm still getting about 10 files from each map that are high resolution, but they might have just packed them with the low resolution. I noticed that, apparently, it was telling the files to look in "minerva_alevel.blk" (which doesn't exist) instead of "bulkfiletexturesdlcfour.blk", so I changed the bulk file's name to that one so umodel could check it. But I'm still having problems. Here's the command line I'm using:

Code:
for %%a in ("F:\Program Files\2k Games\Minerva's Den\Root\singleplayer\*.bsm") do (umodel.exe -path="F:\Program Files\2k Games\Minerva's Den\Root\singleplayer" -export -nomesh -nostat -noanim %%~Na.bsm && pause)

I put that in a .bat in my umodel folder. I set it up so it will find each map file and extract all the textures from each. The downloadable content doesn't come in their folders, they're all in the root directory.

Do you have any suggestions? How I should organize my files? What command line I should use specific for this? Where to place umodel? I could easily just have it set up wrong, but I don't know. I noticed a lot of textures get their sizes listed correctly as they extract, but barely any come out. I can post a log of what umodel is saying if you need.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 11:05 »

Please provide me all bdc files from this game.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 12:33 »

I uploaded it here: http://host-a.net/MegaScience/c4catalog.bdc
It's the catalog file from Minerva's Den DLC, for BioShock 2, but it should be useful in the same way. On a different note: I work with Relight, you know him.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 15:05 »

I have this file, thanks. But it does contains links to blk files which does not exists. Probably there are other bdc files in this game too?
I work with Relight, you know him.
I don't know him.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 15:10 »

I have this file, thanks. But it does contains links to blk files which does not exists. Probably there are other bdc files in this game too?

Well, it's the only one in there. As I said before, I had to rename the .blk that came with it for it to load out of there, which it seemed to try doing. Must be some oddity with the naming and such, but I think that bulk textures file is the one it's using.

Edit: Going to school, then I'll probably go to sleep, so don't expect a response for many hours... sorry.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 15:15 by MegaScience » Logged
Jump to: