March 29, 2024, 03:19
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Americas Army 3 support?  (Read 10888 times)
Modulatah

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2010, 21:18 »

Hey Gildor, first of all I would like to say thank you so much for the awesome programs and support you have been giving the community with your tools, they work great and have helped me quite a bit in development of my mod. However I was wondering if there is any possibility of adding some form of support for Americas Army 3.

Reason beeing I was trying to extract some .u packages for some code examples to build upon, however no luck so far.

When trying to extract AA3Game.u for example, I get: ERROR: "Package AA3Game.u" : Wrong name Index 9767

Most .upk packages are extractable, so getting models and such is no problem, however sadly I am not interested in the models, but in the coding, heh.

Again, apologies for just rudely asking support for this, I do not know how complex it might be to add support for AA3, but it would be a great help since AA3 can deliver great resources.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 22:51 by Modulatah » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 21:48 »

I have no plans to support America's Army, but you can send me a few upk files with problems (adviceable to containing meshes and animations) plus game executable (unprotected!) and core/engine.u. Possibly I'll look at them later.

P.S. Are you sure that AA3 u-files contains script source?
Modulatah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 22:17 »

Thanks for your swift reply Gildor Smiley

After looking into it a bit more I think I stupidly assumed I could extract .uc files as well from packages using your tools, but this seems not the case?

The thing is, extracting Meshes, Animations, Textures and such is no problem at all and works fine, I'm trying to extract .uc files from packages (Much like the batch exporter of the Unreal Editor, however this one crashes when using it with AA3 .u files, hence why I tried with your extractor tools Smiley )

Am I right in assuming your tools do not extract .uc files from packages? Or am I perhaps doing something wrong then?

Ofcourse I will send you the files you requested if need be, but as I said, extracting upk files for meshes and animations works fine on all packages i've tried so far, and I have no reason to believe they will not work on other .upk packages.

The problem lies intrying to extract .u files (From which I know hold .uc files as well, when batch exporting UTGame.u using the Unreal Editor Batch Exporter I get all the .uc files withing that UTGame.u)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 22:51 by Modulatah » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:10 »

America's Army 3 has some obfuscation of export table for script packages. Unfortunately, AA3 has LicenseeVersion=0, and it's dangerous to add detection of this game by package version (this may break compatibility with other games). So I've decided to not support script packages for AA3, it's not meaningful for me.
VendorX

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 01:13 »

America's Army 3 has some obfuscation of export table for script packages...
Same here... Offsets are encrypted - have you found a solution? I'm in a middle of writing AA3 decompiler - if you have some ideas, I'll be glad to here it.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 19:33 »

Of course, umodel got support for AA3 some time ago.
Update: sorry, I've noticed that this was not advertised. Umodel have AA3's support with option "-game=aa3". At the moment of last message in this thread umodel didn't have -game=... option, so it was quite hard to implement.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 19:37 by Gildor » Logged
VendorX

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 01:28 »

I meant, decompile UScript... If you have a solution (or idea...) for encrypted offsets, can you share the code
artisticVibe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 01:35 »

America's Army : Proving Grounds got a beta released last week. Currently downloading to check if -game=aa3 would work for it.

EDIT Confirmed. America's Army : Proving Grounds fully supported (anim, static, tex and skeletal mesh) without aa3 game tag
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:10 by artisticVibe » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 10:02 »

EDIT Confirmed. America's Army : Proving Grounds fully supported (anim, static, tex and skeletal mesh) without aa3 game tag
Only script packages requires -game tag.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 10:04 »

I meant, decompile UScript... If you have a solution (or idea...) for encrypted offsets, can you share the code
Why not?
Each export entry has some 32 bit integer at the beginning ("obfuscator"). It has random value which is used as XOR for following ClassIndex, SuperIndex, PackageIndex, Archetype, SerialSize and SerialOffset fields.
VendorX

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 23:10 »

Big thanks - will check it out...
VendorX

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 22:32 »

@Gildor: Just wanted to thank you - as always, is working ...
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: