March 28, 2024, 18:09
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Singularity  (Read 54299 times)
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2011, 01:46 »

Extracting textures from the PC version still doesn't work for me. It would be really great if it could work. If it works with an older version of umodel for some reason, it would be great to have the older version.

Or, now I have to find an Xbox copy of the game, if apparently it works with Xbox copy.
zardalu
Gold Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2011, 18:45 »

Hi guys, my apologies, I looked through these files again because of the confusion, and I should clear up what I had found earlier:

I have both versions of the game, xbox and PC, and I was only able to get the XBOX textures working.  PC Textures are not working for me, it doesn't matter which version of UE Viewer you use, old or new.

Sorry for the confusion.
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2011, 19:01 »

The best solution I have found, is extract the x360 textures, and extract the PC textures to. Copy the larger textures over the smaller when you replace them.. PC has the best textures than PS3 or X360. So there you go.

..:: ESR911 ::..
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2011, 02:29 »

Well I don't have Xbox version unfortunately, and I couldn't find an active Xbox torrent with reasonable download speed. I have legal retail PC version with only one TFC file. I checked PC torrents and they are all the same as mine, only one TFC file.

I am guessing some of you were getting confused when you said PC has multiple TFC files, maybe you were also looking at Xbox version instead?

esr911, you're saying PC has the best textures?

Maybe Gildor can look at it again one day, because I would really like to extract from this game.

I can supply any needed files for testing, either for download or mailed on a disc.
goel360
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2011, 23:05 »

Hi.
What is the pass of Singularity psk files?
Thanks.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2011, 23:20 »

Huh?
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2011, 06:20 »

He's asking the Password for Uberblack3D's files...

http://uberblack3d.com/singularity/#comment-39
ssquare

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2011, 07:44 »

I can't find the Textures_XXX.tfc at all....why?
when I export,it said Textures_XXX.tfc is missing. Huh?
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2011, 02:38 »

Why don't you get it from your iso/disk to install.

Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2011, 00:38 »

OK, I think we need to clear some stuff up once for all.

After testing alot, Singularity for PC has a different Texture file as opposed to the console version. So far, the only thing which is a sure-shot to take is the X360 version, dump it, and extract the textures from there, or alternatively, like me, use Uberblack's site to download the whole stuff from there.

Also, I would like to apologize for any confusion earlier, after much testing with a few old Umodel versions, and different renaming of the packages, I can say that the textures for the PC version won't be extracted, there isn't a magical bullet.

Both PC and X360 version have the same quality textures and same polycount on the models, there is no difference apart from compressions of the textures, but even that isn't a viable problem.

The point is simple, either dump the X360 version or download UberBlack's extracted files, because honestly, there is no difference between the versions in anyway or form.
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2011, 00:27 »

Thanks for clearing it up, it's good to have the confirmation. It's sad that the PC textures aren't larger than the Xbox ones. The game has a lot of great design in the textures, but none of them are very large so you can't really appreciate the fine work that they did. I thought Singularity was a fun and unique game... I think if another publisher had published it, it might have got the recognition and publicity that it deserved.
freemanpro

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2011, 13:12 »

I have problem decompress files.. ^(( fix it plz..

******** MP_CvS_Manufacturing_p.xxx ********

ERROR: zlib uncompress() returned -3
appDecompress:CompSize=34863 UncompSize=131072 Flags=0x1 <- DecompressBlock:block=388+882F <- FUE3ArchiveReader::PrepareBuffer <- FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:Startup_INT.xxx, ver=99999/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:startup_xxx <- UnPackage::CreateImport:MP_CvS_Manufacturing_p.xxx:1294 <- UnPackage::SerializeUObject <- TArray::Serialize:0/2 <- ReadProperty:(UMaterial3.ReferencedTextures) <- CTypeInfo::SerializeProps <- UObject::Serialize <- LoadObject:Material3'MP_CvS_Manufacturing_p.BezierBeamTMD', pos=53626B, ver=584/126, game=8024 <- UObject::EndLoad <- UnPackage::CreateExport:MP_CvS_Manufacturing_p.xxx:2583 <- LoadWholePackage <- Main
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2011, 13:31 »

Use "-lzo" switch.
h3x3r

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2023, 18:28 »

Hi there. Recently i got hands on Singularity game and want to make HD texture pack. But... none of the unreal programs was able correctly unpack "hi-res" textures from tfc even umodel. So i dig deeper into tfc and found interesting thing.

Gildor FAQ says that tfc can't be unpacked directly. So that's normal that tfc has another TOC inside? Or someone overlook something?

From what i can see it looks like it has info for "hi-res" textures. But only offset/compressed size/decompressed size. No texture dimensions or format.

Upss... I overlook something...
The problem is with incorrect data pointers. Texture has a pointer to hi-res data in the tfc file (file offset), but tfc file has data in the different positions.
So now it's clear and you are aware of that problem. But how to fix it?

Maybe i got the culprit... Multi chunks.

After decompressing each of them with qickbms i got nice texture in 1K.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 21:27 by h3x3r » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2023, 02:57 »

@h3x3r: Apparently the game is using its own unique way of handling tfc cache and bulk data for pc version. Instead of addressing bulk data directly from packages, like it usually works, packages are addressing some dummy offsets for bulk data - most of them are invalid, though some occasionally points to valid offsets. While tfc is serialized separately with two tables - short one with guids/hashes and offsets to bulk data for 3 mips for every included texture, and more complex one with filenames and bulk data summary for 3 mips. I guess in packages bulk size of -1 is flag that first 3 mips for current texture would be read from tfc (via hashes or filenames).

Implementing something like this in umodel is cumbersome, but I've included quickbms script for extracting raw textures from tfc with names (biggest mip only) in this topic (look for "other scripts for UE games"). Extracted textures can be converted with rawtex, while you can view approximate image sizes and format for a texture in umodel.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 18:16 by spiritovod » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: