Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Singularity  (Read 54452 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Singularity
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2011, 12:31 »

Update.
I've implemented StaticMesh support. This game is fully supported now.
SLI_Fallen
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2011, 18:38 »

Awesome!  Thanks Gildor!  Grin
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2011, 22:00 »

Nice! Thanks a whole bunch Gildor!

EDIT: I'm really sorry to bring back this topic, but I just decided to try out the Viewer on the game (PC version naturally) but somehow I'm having a totally different error.

For some reason, certain texture maps and/or Materials are crashing the Viewer and I cannot open them. Here is what I did (hopefully, someone can help me).

-Copied the .TFC file (x4) and renamed each one (Texture_P0 -> _P3)
-Tried using -lzo switch (doesn't work)
-Tried using -nostat and -noanim switch (doesn't work)
-Using -notext switch (will work correctly and show mesh, but no textures)
-Force export (only Mesh's are exported and only 1 normal map, but it's corrupted)

Exporting, with only coalesced.tfc doesn't crash the viewer, however, the textures are all 64x and the log complains about Textures_##.tfc missing. At the same time, I cannot export with Textures_##.tfc because it crashes the Viewer for some reason. Here is the latest log I got when I tried exporting normally:

Code:
******** wp_SP_Railgun_SF.xxx:  Material3'elite_beam_ammo_master' ********

ERROR: assertion failed: Size == 0

appReadCompressedChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeChunk <- UTexture2D::LoadBulkTexture:File=Textures_P0.tfc <- UTexture2D::Decompress:Tex=elite_beam_ammo_d <- UTexture2D::Bind <- GL_NormalmapShader <- UUnrealMaterial::SetMaterial:elite_beam_ammo_master <- AppDrawFrame <- Display <- VisualizerLoop <- MainLoop <- Main

ERROR: assertion failed: H.Tag == PACKAGE_FILE_TAG

FCompressedChunkHeader<<:pos=10C60004 <- appReadCompressedChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeChunk <- UTexture2D::LoadBulkTexture:File=Textures_P0.tfc <- UTexture2D::Decompress:Tex=elite_beam_ammo_n <- ExportTga <- ExportObject:Texture2D'elite_beam_ammo_n' <- Main

The only thing I gathered is that the Materials are crashing the Viewer...because from certain packages, I'm able to View them both texture and mesh, but as soon as I press Up or Down, to go to the next 'asset', it crashes, usually when I'm on the material (I think).

Also (please note I'm ignorant on such stuff, so I could be wrong) but somehow, the latest Viewer (Feb-06) is about 50KB smaller then the older viewer (Feb-02)...is that correct?

Cheers, and ciao.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 22:23 by Ace-Angel » Logged
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2011, 23:03 »

Ace, You are correct. I have also experienced the exact same thing.

..:: ESR911 ::..
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2011, 23:11 »

If you will rename "readme.txe" to "textures_p1.tfc" it will also crash umodel  Grin
To be serious - renaming of tfc files is not correct thing.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 23:13 by gildor » Logged
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2011, 23:25 »

Ofcourse, that was my first thinking also, so I tried keeping the original .TFC as backup + .TFC 0,1,2,3. I tried different combination's of .TFC in different folders and even in all .TFC in same folder, but nothing works. All mesh work, but texture and/or material crash the Viewer.

I checked Viewer on other games (again, PC) such as Mirror's Edge, Turok, and Mass Effect 1 and 2, and they all work fine, so nothing is broken.

I was wondering, is there a way to disable Materials? Not the Textures, but the Materials themselves? As I said, for some strange reason, the packages only load 'correctly' and stop crashing when I use -notex.

I hope I'm not bothering you. I can very easily get the X360 version and get all the assets from that game if the PC version is too complicated and brings problems all the time, but I would like someone to confirm if X360 version is working with latest update.

OR, if somone could upload Feb-02 version of Viewer so I can get Textures, and use latest version to get Models...works either way for me, I just would like to make sure with other people here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 23:28 »

Do you mean - an older umodel version were worked correctly with this game??
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2011, 23:39 »

I think the previous one wasn't crashing with .TFC0-3 and only Static Mesh didn't work (-nostat), almost like Exsteel problem long time ago.

Again, it's not a big problem for you to waste time and fix, just wanted to make sure with other people.

Question: Will the Singularity.exe make a difference if it has been change? Like patched game, cause I downloaded latest Patch for game?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2011, 23:43 »

I think the previous one wasn't crashing with .TFC0-3 and only Static Mesh didn't work (-nostat), almost like Exsteel problem long time ago.
Static meshes has no effect on textures.
Question: Will the Singularity.exe make a difference if it has been change? Like patched game, cause I downloaded latest Patch for game?
No.
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2011, 23:53 »

Found problem: DXT-5 Textures work OK with TFC## packages, but DTX-1 crash.

Example: Monster Normal Map - DXT-5, show up in Viewer correctly, go to WaterNoise Normap Map - DXT-1 crash.

Low-Resolution Textures works OK on both, but High Resolution, only DXT-5 work...
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2011, 23:59 »

Texture compression method does not affects this. The problem is with incorrect data pointers. Texture has a pointer to hi-res data in the tfc file (file offset), but tfc file has data in the different positions. That's why umodel may crash.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:46 by esr911 » Logged
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2011, 08:31 »

So no one willing to upload the February-02-2011 version of the Viewer? That would help me alot.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2011, 09:28 »

Why do you want to get an old umodel? I have not changed texture support for Singularity, it should be the same in all versions.
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2011, 23:47 »

zardalu was able to get it working with old version and export everything.

esr911 also said that he's getting the same problem now (on page 2-3 he didn't have the problem with old version).
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2011, 22:21 »

What worked for me was extracting the textures from xbox360. The PC textures didn't extract at all when I renamed the tfc's it was needing.

..:: ESR911 ::..
Jump to: