March 28, 2024, 22:00
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Questions: getting socket parts to show all at once in umodel  (Read 18156 times)
zardalu
Gold Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2010, 18:34 »

Hi Gildor, this is a usage question, not a problem:

I notice in This picture that you have somehow attached Batman's Batman_Armoured_Head_Skin and Cape_Mesh_D to the Batman_Armoured_Body_Skin mesh sockets. I looked in "help" but could not see how to do this.  Is this something that can be done with the public version of umodel, or do you have a different version of either umodel or bmgame.u?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 18:49 by gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 19:03 »

This is "alpha" version of displaying multipart meshes. It is significantly unfinished, so it is undocumented.
This feature is not socket-relative. This is a combining multiple meshes on a single skeleton.

How to do this. Browse meshes. When you'll find a mesh which should be attached to another mesh, press <Ctrl+T> key. Mesh will be remembered ("tagged"). Then browse for other meshes. Tagged meshes will remains on the screen.

There is no way to clear list of tagged meshes - you'll need to restart umodel. Alse, there are major problems with animations. That's why I told about this feature as "alpha".

This feature is intended to take good screenshots of multipart meshes. Most Batman screenshots were made with this technique.

Another sample from this thread (UT3 player model):

zardalu
Gold Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 19:45 »

Excellent, thanks Gildor! This will really help with viewing so many packages, (Huxley, Tera, UT3, etc)  Grin
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: