March 28, 2024, 16:22
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: PgUp & PgDown Doesen't work on laptop  (Read 1134 times)
ravio_UE

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2018, 22:12 »

Hello Gildor, i've another problem but this time with my keyboard. The problem encountered is the same as the one explain in this topic (http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,3096.0.html) but even with or without Numlock, it doesn't work for scroll 3d model on UE viewer.

My computer is an Asus Rog, but it's a laptop, so i havent PgUp & PgDown as key on my Keyboard. For this function i normally use Fn+Up/Down. So on UE viewer i've already try Fn+Up/Down or Shift+Up/Down, (even with Maj, Ctl, or alt, + Up/Down with and without Numlock) but none of this options work to scroll 3D models on the viewer.

As i'm french my keyboard is an AZERTY one, so it's not a QWERTY. Maybe that's the origine of the problem ?

Is there another way to navigate between model ? Or have you a solution ? Is there possible to assignate shortcut ?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 22:41 »

I've tried with my laptop's keyboard, and it didn't work either Smiley I use external USB keyboard for work.

I've updated UModel so it can work with MY keyboard. Please try if this will fix the situation for you. My laptop has dedicated numeric keyboard, however the fix may for for you as well (I have no idea how "Fn" key handled there, perhaps it simulates numeric keyboard at hardware level).

My fix adds support for extended keyboard's PgUp and PgDn keys which are mapped to numeric '9' and '3'.
ravio_UE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 23:30 »

Thank you for your answer, but for now, i do not have any external Keyboard T___T

So on your last update of UModel, you says that the navigation works fine with a laptop keyboard ? Because, the last version i've of UE viewer is the one on your homepage (6 january 2018 / 648.54 kb) and nothing has changed since i have it. Even when i try with 9 & 3 key of the numeric part. Or maybe you talk about an update even more recent you've just uploaded ?

For a future update why do not just use left and righ arrow for navigate between model ?

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 23:45 »

Yes, sorry. My upload script didn't work correctly because my hosting provided changed some details. Please try again.
ravio_UE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 14:40 »

Thank you Gildor ! Your last update of UE viewer works perfectly with 9 & 3 keys for navigate !
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 17:26 »

Ok, nice Smiley
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 12:52 »

hello, is it hard to add another set of keys to this functionalty?
I don't have PgUp & PgDown on my laptop and buy external keyboard for laptop only for this feels not right.

Коллекционирую игровые модели.
my blog - http://cgig.ru
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 16:11 »

@Tosyk: I've checked and numpad analogs for PgUp / PgDown = 9 / 3 still works in latest umodel build. On some old laptops where there is no physical numpad block, Fn+Numlock should emulate numpad at the right side of base keyboard (you need to google for particular layout though).
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: