March 29, 2024, 05:31
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Arkham Knight Baked Facial Animations and FaceFX Issues  (Read 701 times)
TrumpetPro

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2018, 05:18 »

So, I've been trying to get Arkham Knight and other games facial animations into 3ds Max, then UE4. I've run into a few issues: when exporting FaceFX, I get a .fxa file rather than a .facefx file. .fxa files are no longer supported, so I can't import them into UE4 with the FaceFX plugin. Batman: Arkham Knight, however, has simple .psa files for facial animations. The problem is that when I try to import it into 3ds Max with the ActorX importer it shows up all deformed, with the face seemingly pulling itself toward the head's root bone. Any help with either of these problems would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TrumpetPro

EDIT: Just remembered. I tried importing an Arkham City .fxa file into UDK in the hopes of exporting it from UDK itself. However, the main FaceFX file, when imported didn't do anything. Importing the FaceFX Animset instead results in a crash.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 08:31 by TrumpetPro » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 10:53 »

I can't help you with FaceFX. However ... you're saying that there are face animations in psa format which works bad. Did you try these animations in UModel itself? Did you try different "translation" modes in UModel and ActorX?
TrumpetPro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 18:23 »

Yes, I had the same issue in umodel. However, I haven't tried different translation modes. Give me a moment.

EDIT: Tried changing translation mode, result was the face being scrunched up toward his chin rather than his neck.
EDIT 2: Didn't bother extracting, that was in uModel. Would trying it in the ActorX importer make a difference? It doesn't work normally, but a different translation mode might.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 18:42 by TrumpetPro » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: