March 28, 2024, 23:24
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Fable Anniversary: Red textures become Blue  (Read 996 times)
Distoibed

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2018, 23:48 »

Hey there, I've been using Umodel since Yesterday, but when I export a character, in the viewer it's colors are inverted and somewhat made impossible to texture.
https://gyazo.com/1d90d243ad112a83477989c368848dac
As you could see here, in the viewer it's all good and red, but if you look at the texture just above it, it's Pure blue.
the pure red texture next to it shoudn;t have to do anything with it since I've seen models of the same character but then the blue textures are red as they should be.
I could use them and call it a day, but I'd like to be able to do it on my own.

I'd appreciate any help!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 00:43 »

This is a known issue with UE4 games which has source textures - i.e. not cooked packages. I didn't expect this to happen with UE3 games too!

Technical description of the problem, if you're (or someone else) interested. Non-cooked packages in UE3 and UE4 has lossless texture compressed with PNG algorithm. UModel tries to extract this texture instead to unpacking lossy DXT texture and saving it into a TGA. Even more, non-cooked UE4 packages doesn't have DXT texture at all, they have only PNG texture. However, that PNG texture stored in upk/uasset has red and blue channels swapped, for no reason. This is what you observe.

I've temporarily disabled saving of PNG textures now, you may update umodel now. This will break export of textures from non-cooked UE4 uasset files, but they were saved in a wrong color space anyway. May be one day I'll add a proper fix for that.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: