March 28, 2024, 13:11
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [PS4] Batman: Return to Arkham  (Read 2653 times)
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2018, 16:17 »

(If you don't know, this is basically a remaster of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City for consoles, made in Unreal Engine 4)

This is not important, but thought I would leave here anyway.

The game is currently not supported, maybe it's the way files are stored.. They are all in umaps - which we don't really use in PC games. (just guessing here)

Everything is basically in umaps.

One of the errors - I tried all UE4 versions - the errors change but I never managed to make it work.

For the animations, they used the cooked data from the other games. All the .xxx files. Tongue
Also sounds are from the other games.

Samples if you want to have a look eventually: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I-jSHg9dCWzUMpgavK-Rmnl2WQL_cfrb
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 21:39 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 16:21 »

Man, all Batman games except "VR" version were made with UE3!
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 19:53 »

Man, all Batman games except "VR" version were made with UE3!

Hi Gildor,
You are mistaken here.

Please refer to this link, for example: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/18/batman-return-to-arkham-review

"That’s not to say it’s not noticeable. Textures in Return to Arkham are much sharper: Batman’s suit, for example, looks much more detailed. His cape in particular stands out beautifully, pebbled, catching the light. Virtous, the studio that’s upgraded Rocksteady’s original games, has ported both games to Unreal Engine 4 from Unreal Engine 3, making for a much brighter aesthetic overall."

Or just google "Batman Return to Arkham ue4" haha Smiley
This version was only made for PS4 and XBOX1.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 20:17 »

Well, I've downloaded a sample file you provided, and yes - it is UE4. And umodel crashes with it. Something has been changed inside, so the game is not supported.
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 21:29 »

Out of curiosity, was UE4 changed for this specific game or uModel does not support ue4 PS4 files?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 21:38 »

I don't know. UModel can load some objects but fails with others.
However, all files here are .umap - level files. UModel usually crashes with them. So probably it could be able to open assets from this game if they would be separated to .uasset files.
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 17:13 »

Hi again Gildor,

I have two more PS4 games now and they seem to be like Return to Arkham.
Meshes load fine for most part but almost all the textures are in .umap files or so it seems. I could not get one good texture. Tongue

If you are interested in supporting PS4, I can definitely provide a lot of samples for you.
I can even get a PS4 version of an already supported game if it helps. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 17:18 by lolwat » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 18:48 »

Sorry, but there's no open-source ps4 texture format libraries available, so it is rather impossible.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 14:05 »

PS4 textures are now supported.
TSelman61G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 14:58 »

But it still does not export Batman: Return to Arkham game.  it does not preview or export any * .xxx files or * .pak files.  Did I do something missing or wrong?

Example error
Code:
UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=0002FCBD <- SerializeObjectExport3 <- UnPackage::LoadExportTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:CV_DLC_Catwoman_Halloween.xxx, ver=884/101, game=ue3 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:CV_DLC_Catwoman_Halloween.xxx <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=896

I'm using the latest current UE Viewer (Unreal model viewer).
Example * .xxx files. https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1gueAex_c47yKhHAkXXdzm8rtYzEXAVLh (* .pak files are too big. the smallest 5 gb.)

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 15:09 »

For some reason you're showing me UE3 game. Return To Arkham should be UE4 game.
For UE3 version, there are 4 game overrides for 4 UE3 Batman games. You're using plain UE3 code.
TSelman61G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 16:45 »

The 2 photo files that I have shown also belong to the Batman: Return to Arkham game.  I know the previous game of games is with ue3. But when I don't activate "Override game detection", it chooses ue3.  I have already tried all of the UE4 versions.
The above code was just a sample test. To show how a problem occurred.

In the UE3 version I couldn't test them all. But I've tested most of the ue3 version.

When I tried "UE4 / Gears of war 4"... A different result :-)

Code:
appSetRootDirectory:dir=C:\Users\tselm\OneDrive\Masaüstü\Batman Return to Arkham - Arkham City Sample Files <- Main:umodel_build=896

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 16:46 »

So, I still did not understand - are you trying PS4 version of Return to Arkham? Why it has UE3 files inside?
TSelman61G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2018, 18:27 »

Yeah, I'm trying PS4 version of "Return to Arkham". I don't know why there are ue3  files in it. 
Maybe they used the contents/asset of the previous game. Previous games were made with ue3.  Huh?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2018, 23:06 »

Yes, all Batman games were made with UE3, however "Return to Arkham" is collection of all these games remastered in UE4. UModel doesn't support it. Just look at previous posts, there are "uasset" files everywhere, and posts about errors when opening them.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: