March 28, 2024, 19:24
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet  (Read 19616 times)
Bananam

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 19:59 »

Hi,

I am new to ripping models from games. I have gotten my hands on some of the SAO FB models and textures. The textures usually have fourr versions, CV, MSRA N and O(i think) . How can I make them usuable as to make them display correct colors and such?

Thank you
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 20:04 »

Hi
The textures usually have fourr versions, CV, MSRA N and O(i think)
English please Smiley
Bananam

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 21:51 »

They have four texture maps marked (in the texture file name) as CV , MSRA, D and N. Example: T_AF_BODY_CV, T_AF_BODY_MSRA and so on. The texture marked as N is the normal map which is obvious. The texure marked with D is known to be occlusion mapping. So either MSRA or CV textures are the albedo map. However, none of them have the correct color scheme of the model. I have done what X3D mentioned above which is to seperate the channels in photoshop but do not know what goes next to achieve what they had done. Help would be very appreciated.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 00:16 »

Tex_D - diffuse texture
Tex_N - normal map
Tex_MSRA - metallic, specular, roughness, alpha - 4 monochrome textures packed into a single one
CV - no idea
venturion

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 15:34 »

CV - no idea

CV's pretty much a mask texture for colors and detail normals.

Oh I almost forgot to ask, do you mind to add Fatal Bullet to umodel compatibility list as well? It uses 4.17 version of UE4.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 15:47 »

Oh I almost forgot to ask, do you mind to add Fatal Bullet to umodel compatibility list as well? It uses 4.17 version of UE4.
Added.
aka8880

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 05:50 »

sorry for bad English.. Sad

I having trouble with using models to 3DMAX...

about my trouble.. in 3dmax, model's color is just red, blue, and green.

it's my first time using 3dMAX so.. I don't know why.
after searching several times, I figure it out because of texture mask.
so I follow some tips to split _CV file to RGBA Channel using photoshop.

but after split every _CV file turn to black and white. .....

does anyone can help me to make model show right color on 3dMAX??

or can let me know some keyword to find and solve this problem on google or youtube?
thank you a lot.... Smiley
Demonslayerx8

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2018, 03:40 »

Any idea why normal maps wont open or export? I get this every time when doing a normal map..
Package "Texture/T_AF_BODY_003_110_N.uasset": wrong name index 1826891837
UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=000003EE <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'T_AF_BODY_003_110_N.T_AF_BODY_003_110_N', pos=3EE, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.17 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey:key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main:umodel_build=783

Edit: nvm, I figured out the issue, had to do it via PAK loading instead of via UASSET file
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:19 by Demonslayerx8 » Logged
aka8880

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2018, 19:16 »

Here is picture of my problem

[img] https://imgur.com/a/jyngg54 [img]

plz help me to solve...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 19:18 by aka8880 » Logged
X3D

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 13:12 »

aka8880

The CV textures are used as masks, so extracting them to black & white makes them easier to work with within your 3d software, they work much like opacity/alpha maps for hair textures.

They are only a way to mask certain areas of the model/mesh so you can add different colours, working much like layers in Photoshop.

Without them the whole model would be one colour, that is why they are implemented.

The other textures add surface detail to the base colour you choose.

Hope that helps? Smiley

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-11F039BF-8A3D-4728-B7DC-B535DF85F155-htm.html
aka8880

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 08:14 »

Thx a lot x3d!!

now I am a studying 3D , this is why I try to get some 3d model with animaion..
it is too difficult to learn c++ and d3d and 3d graphic tool in same time.
so I give up to find way to use this stuff and more focus on 3d porgramming..

but later time I will dig on this. so now I'm very appreciate your help.
again thank you a lot your help. I understand concept of channel of mask.

TheEnter013

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2018, 23:45 »

Hey there! Trying to rip some of these models as well, I already took (I think) all the files I need (The ones with the meshes, materials and textures for each character) but I don't really know what to do next, I'm a total begginer in 3ds max, could someone tell me what are the steps to follow to finish the porting of the model?

EDIT:
Btw, these are the files I have https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vmXuP5bw0DfazRAEl0CJtako4y7xi2Ex
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 23:54 by TheEnter013 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2018, 07:20 »

Hi. Check umodel's readme or "help" menu, it has links to my tutorial videos, where you can find everything,
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 07:00 »

aka8880

The CV textures are used as masks, so extracting them to black & white makes them easier to work with within your 3d software, they work much like opacity/alpha maps for hair textures.

They are only a way to mask certain areas of the model/mesh so you can add different colours, working much like layers in Photoshop.

Without them the whole model would be one colour, that is why they are implemented.

The other textures add surface detail to the base colour you choose.

Hope that helps? Smiley

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-11F039BF-8A3D-4728-B7DC-B535DF85F155-htm.html

Very helpful information thank you. I have split the CV texture for AF_BODY_020_000 and got the three new black and white textures. However, there is only one bitmap for the body so how can I apply all three to one bitmap? Also, I still don't see how we could get the exact texture for the model. Now that the bitmap is now black and white do you have to manually create the color scheme that matches the character clothes, skin, eyes, etc.? I don't even know how to manually give certain areas a different color if that is the case.
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2018, 07:04 »

Sorry I mean 4 new textures after splitting the channels. Red, Blue, Green, and Alpha1
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: