March 29, 2024, 12:33
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Some help with Gears of War 4  (Read 825 times)
DaddySkorge

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2018, 15:44 »

Hey, hey, hey!
So afew things really...
1) Is there a way I can extract EVERYTHING at once? Instead of CTRL + A a specific folder? Tongue
2) Is there a way to extract as a .uasset, so I don't have to rebuild materials ect?
3) If that's not possible is there anyone that could give me a hand with texturing? I'm a noob at it and the retextured characters aren't looking too good, I also can't do hair or LEDs ect...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

This is cool.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 15:56 »

Hi.
1) you may switch to "flat view" and do extraction
2) you may "save package", it will save raw data from this game, however you can't load it into any UnrealEditor, so the answer is rather "no"
DaddySkorge

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 16:18 »

Ah ok, I clicked that and didn't realise that I could extract from it, that's neat! (RIP Storage)
And aw man, that's sad times... So there's no way at all to get the material how it is in the game? That's a shame...

Thanks anyway for the fast response, I appreciate it!
Oh, one more thing. I don't suppose you'd know how I'd go about extracting the audio? I thought I did it at one point and they came out as a .wem file and everything I tried to convert it with didn't work sadly.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 16:38 »

Re: sounds.
I think I forgot to add information about sounds in readme. I've just extended it (will go into the next UModel build). Here's what I added:
Audio assets can't be previewed in UModel, it doesn't have any sound library built-in. However
you can export sounds. By default, sound loading is disabled in options, so if you'll try to
export any audio object you'll get nothing. To enable audio loading, you should either pass
option "-sounds", or check "sounds" option in UModel startup options window. Please note that
despite you may think that package contains audio, there are many objects in UE3 and UE4 which
are related to sound rendering, but they do not contain sounds themselves. For UE3, sound
objects are SoundNodeWave, and SoundWave in UE4. In older versions of UE they have name Sound.

Please see if this explanation is good enough, if not - I can extend this text.
DaddySkorge

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 17:25 »

Gotcha, makes sense Smiley
Simo311

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 05:57 »

I could use some help too!
Are you sure that Umodel is able to detect and extract audio files of Gears of war 4?
I checked the "sound" option in Umodel on startup and set the game to "Gears of War 4" as well as the game engine used (UE4).
However all Umodel displays is anything but audio files, i've also tried using QuickBMS and the UE4 script with no success.
Am i doing something wrong?
Thanks a lot!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: