March 29, 2024, 19:46
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Configuration file and options window  (Read 1794 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2018, 17:25 »

Hi guys and girls.

Today I'm releasing UModel build 788 which offers possibility to customize some settings without use of command line, right from User Interface.

Configuration is stored in umodel.cfg file right next to the umodel.exe. This is a text file, so in theory anyone can edit it.

There's not so many options are available right now, later I'll add more options and probably describe them here.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 17:27 by Gildor » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 17:37 »

Very nice! Gonna try out soon.

Blender + Linux User Here.
redtank

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 19:47 »

bug:
Umodel will not run up with out umodel.cfg, but update pakage didn't include default one, you have no manuly creat an empty umodel.cfg file yourself
Fixed that a pair of minutes ago. Sorry.

feature requests:
Need more description of opitions meaning, will be good to have a online document and put link in opition dialog.

I thought options are self-explaining in UI. What confuses you?

thx for quick response

"Use object groups instead of types": not clear what object groups means
"Export compressed textures to dds format": not sure what format it will be if i uncheck this opition, tga or something else?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 19:50 »

Too long to explain. This is mirror of "-groups" option. It affects UE1-UE3, and has no effect for UE4 because of different content organization.
"Export compressed textures to dds format": not sure what format it will be if i uncheck this opition, tga or something else?
Tga, as always.
redtank

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 19:52 »

Too long to explain. This is mirror of "-groups" option. It affects UE1-UE3, and has no effect for UE4 because of different content organization.
Tga, as always.

that's why i suggested have an online doc, or people will ask these questions all the time Smiley
PXLPAT

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 03:17 »

Tga, as always.

could one add in Umodel that one decides between jpg / png export of pictures instead of dds? it would be really enjoyable Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 11:50 »

could one add in Umodel that one decides between jpg / png export of pictures instead of dds? it would be really enjoyable Smiley
png may appear later, jpg - not.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 23:46 »

Added options to control "save packages" behavior:
1. you may now replace "UmodelSaved" directory with something custom
2. added option "keep directory structure" (enabled by default) - now saved packages will be stored with full folder structure of original game content.

Hint: if you want to extract all pak files of some UE4 game, you may use command line:
Code:
umodel -save -path=... *.uasset

You can't change "save packages" options from the command line, however you may edit umodel.cfg file if you want to change them without using UI (or if you're on linux).
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: