March 28, 2024, 15:11
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Support for nintendo switch?  (Read 1219 times)
otakus

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2018, 12:28 »

I am attempting to use UE Viewer to extract game contents and it appears as though it has incomplete support for the unreal files from the nintendo switch. The meshes and animations seem to load fine but the textures(and probably some other assets) are not correct. Using the ps4 profile gives the most accurate result but looks like macro blocks are totally out of order. It's for Gal*gun2 which is a fully supported game just not from the switch platform. the pattern looks pretty obvious but no clue what to do with that information.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 12:41 »

At the moment Nintendo Switch textures are not supported. May be in the future I'll try to add its support. I think it is not critical for you because the mentioned game exists for PC, someone has created a thread today saying that the game is fully supported.
CollectorTogami

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 07:48 »

I wish to second this request. Octopath Traveler has been giving me some trouble. Apparently the image files, among other things, were cooked/garbled in some way even when using your program. Is there a way around this?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 09:17 »

There's no point to "ping", "bump" or "+1" in threads. Switch support is planned and will be done when my todo queue will proceed to it.
Pox911

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 20:01 »

I wish to second this request. Octopath Traveler has been giving me some trouble. Apparently the image files, among other things, were cooked/garbled in some way even when using your program. Is there a way around this?

There is a temporary way around this. You would have to save the base asset instead of export and use something like the Raw Texture Cooker to manually convert it to a dds. That tool has the switch swizzle info in it. It's what i used for One's Justice since the pc version isnt out yet.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 21:50 »

Done.
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,2583.120.html
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,6257.msg31496.html#msg31496
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: