March 29, 2024, 00:50
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest XI  (Read 16107 times)
Pox911

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2018, 21:12 »

Using the current version of UModel on the game currently detects files but it seems to ignore them all. Not sure if i'm missing a setting or if umodel itself just needs a minor tweak.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:29 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 22:13 »

Probably files inside pak has different extension, not .uasset.
Pox911

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 22:27 »

probably. Now to see if i can make a patch to program with my limited coding knowledge to skip that check and show them all anyway

edit: Safe to say more digging will be done. Just removing the common types check leads to this. Could also just be the encoding due to a Japanese dev as well.

Wonder if the encryption flag isnt set when it should be
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 23:20 by Pox911 » Logged
Darko

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 07:18 »

I was able to open paks from PS4 version, the issue here is that I don't know what version to try.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 08:21 »

Is it hard to try by yourself? Smiley It's trial-and-error process of finding version. If nothing works, game won't work.
Pox911

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 10:18 »

there is definitely a pattern to the garbled mess of the names. I admit that im not exactly knowledgeable when it comes decompression an the works but maybe a xor or swizzle? im probably way off though.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 10:40 »

It really looks like file names are encrypted with simple algorithm - file name starts with same patters (directory name) and often ending pattern matches (file extension).
Does "save selected packages" works with these?
Pox911

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 11:06 »

nope. I tried that as well to see if it would do anything. All compression types crash umodel.

Code:
zlib uncompress(13528,65536) returned -3
appDecompress:CompSize=13528 UncompSize=65536 Flags=0x1 <- SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize:file=/”Ì™µùŽ§›ñî•°ÊŠ¤Šñî’¿ÌŽ©Š»ß‰ñöš§Ÿ°‚ªîŽÞå¿°Ä—¿Ê†¥ñî‰ñÿ°ûÎî‚»ßú¡þ¥ï‹ß忁ýÊ‰ìËîŽÞÿ΁îÊëÆ°úÎ»ÆŸ <- SaveFile:/”Ì™µùŽ§›ñî•°ÊŠ¤Šñî’¿ÌŽ©Š»ß‰ñöš§Ÿ°‚ªîŽÞå¿°Ä—¿Ê†¥ñî‰ñÿ°ûÎî‚»ßú¡þ¥ï‹ß忁ýÊ‰ìËîŽÞÿ΁îÊëÆ°úÎ»ÆŸ <- UIPackageDialog::SavePackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog:modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=867
Tundraviolet

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 16:48 »

Hi! I found with someone else that the game was built with Unreal engine 4.13. In my case I was able to extract uasset files but I get this error.
Package "N001/Base/Mesh/SK_N001.uasset": wrong export index -8
UnPackage::CreateExport:N001/Base/Mesh/SK_N001.uasset:0 <- LoadWholePackage:SK_N001 <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=871
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 17:07 by Tundraviolet » Logged
Mandalorian
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 20:43 »

In ps4 files I get scan content with 4.14

Package "/JackGame/Content/Characters/Human/N101/Wear/Mesh/SK_N101_Wear_E204.uasset": wrong export index 153
UnPackage::CreateExport:/JackGame/Content/Characters/Human/N101/Wear/Mesh/SK_N101_Wear_E204.uasset:153 <- UnPackage::SerializeUObject <- FSkeletalMaterial<< <- TArray::Serialize:1/3 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'SK_N101_Wear_E204.SK_N101_Wear_E204', pos=2CF2, ver=508/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.14 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=859
Pox911

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 02:41 »

heh, helps if i do modify instead of accidental delete of my post.

It seems that its just a simple xor on the package. As per infogram from the zenhax forums

Quote from: infogram
So with Dragon Quest XI it turns out they don't actually use AES at all, it's just XOR all the way:
- unicode filenames inside the index are XOR'd with key DEADFADE BEEFCAFE (lel)
- file data is zlibbed, then XOR'd with above key, then data gets NOT'd (so to unpack: NOT data -> XOR with key -> decompress)

edit: So far i can load a texture but not a model yet Tongue

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 02:46 by Pox911 » Logged
komodoxeno

I don't know what this field is for...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 00:49 »

So far i can load a texture but not a model yet Tongue

How did you manage to open the textures, for me everything says wrong index. I'm using the v3 of the pak script from zenhax Smiley
Pox911

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 20:05 »

So far i can load a texture but not a model yet Tongue

How did you manage to open the textures, for me everything says wrong index. I'm using the v3 of the pak script from zenhax Smiley

it doesnt load all textures, but i had it set version 4.14.

I tried poking around the file manually. For the heck of it, i tried changing the index value. I managed to get two other errors. One was pointing to wrong thing, the other was just an infinite load. Not too surprising there though since im kinda just BSing my way around the game files
komodoxeno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 01:30 »

it doesnt load all textures, but i had it set version 4.14.

I tried poking around the file manually. For the heck of it, i tried changing the index value. I managed to get two other errors. One was pointing to wrong thing, the other was just an infinite load. Not too surprising there though since im kinda just BSing my way around the game files

I got the textures working on 4.14 as well now, but still no models. I don't know nearly enough about this program to work out what the issue is, but the build.version file suggests the game is using UE 4.13.1 (it was also revealed ahead of the switch version announcement as the reason for the late release date), and all the models still spew out wrong index error. Seems everyone lost interest in this after the orchestral mod but I still want to take things further!

Beginning to feel like there's no hope here >.<
Would it help at all if I posted a bunch of the uasset files for people to look at?

Edit: here's the sample files for the main character!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rhoy8832juilc6d/P001.zip
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:51 by komodoxeno » Logged
komodoxeno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 02:41 »

My bad that last link is broken, here's the file.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c974gg2glfu7dh6/P001.7z/file
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: