March 28, 2024, 23:52
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest XI  (Read 16107 times)
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 20:51 »

you need to unpack the Data.pak folders in it, DRAGON QUEST XI > Game> Content > Paks
Stiffy360

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 02:42 »

you need to unpack the Data.pak folders in it, DRAGON QUEST XI > Game> Content > Paks

Do you have a link to the tool that is capable of doing so?
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 03:21 »

program:https://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm script:https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1005&sid=670e67f4123e2c7c5690db5f7fad9d50&start=520#p38235
Stiffy360

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2019, 06:10 »

Thanks a lot I appreciate it.
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2019, 07:41 »

glad to help
Stiffy360

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2019, 01:15 »

Managed to extract the monsters pretty easily, but some of the normal maps crash umodel.
Code:
UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=000003AF <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'T_M111_Body_E001_N.T_M111_Body_E001_N', pos=3AF, ver=508/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.14 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=923
The other textures seem to load just fine.

I could upload the file if necessary
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2019, 06:21 »

it seems that normals are the only textures that causes the program to crash. you can make your own, but i don't know how practical/accurate that method is
komodoxeno

I don't know what this field is for...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2019, 04:42 »

Thanks so much for these bumps guys I've been playing with models for a few days now! we're very close to being able to mod the game for real. It is entirely possible to dump the normal maps with Special K in BCn compression (unfortunately this means the normal maps do not have a Z channel, not that I think this matters too much), but I couldn't seem to export with umodel at all. If I find a simpler way to do anything I'll let y'all know.

But, for the most part, I have models, textures, animations and sounds extracted ^.^ this is a good time
WollieWoltaz

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2019, 12:00 »

@ komodoxeno   
Animations also? Could you show a video tutorial or a little step-by-step guide of your process to extract the models/textures and animations. This would be verry usefull, not only for me but for all the community members. 

komodoxeno

I don't know what this field is for...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2019, 22:21 »

@ komodoxeno   
Animations also? Could you show a video tutorial or a little step-by-step guide of your process to extract the models/textures and animations. This would be verry usefull, not only for me but for all the community members. 

Yeah hi, can't do a video right now because my graphics card is bugging out and making everything difficult, however I have been writing out everything I've done and tried with screenshots and lists etc on my DQ modding server under #research (discord.gg/hWcdCpn).

As for animations, it was a simple case of loading the entire folder (Humans, Monsters etc) so that the required files were all listed in umodel. I temp deleted everything I didn't need like textures and materials to make it load quicker. "SK_Human_Base" and "S_Human_Base) I think were important for animations to be exportable.
Stiffy360

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2019, 20:09 »

@ komodoxeno   

It's not too hard, you'll need Quickbms
https://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

Copy this code to a bms file (or a .txt file, doesn't matter. Location of the file doesn't matter either, so I'd just stick in the quickbms folder)

https://pastebin.com/h131k9bH

Once you've done that, launch "quickbms_4gb_files" browse to the .txt/.bms file you created, then browse to "Steam\steamapps\common\DRAGON QUEST XI\Game\Content\Paks" and select "Data.pak" Then select a location you want to extract everything to. I recommend extracting to the "paks" folder.

It'll start doing its thing. This can take a long time, 30 minutes +. Once it's done you should end up with a folder structure like this https://i.imgur.com/F9jN4WM.png Open up the latest version of umodel next.

Make sure you've checked "override game detection" and set it to "Unreal engine 4" and "Tekken 7" mode, and have unchecked textures and lightmaps. https://i.imgur.com/4K2gqd2.png This will allow you to extract models. Once you've extracted the models, open up umodel again, but this time set it to "Unreal engine 4.14" instead of tekken 7 and leave everything checked. Then you can extract the textures. KEEP IN MIND, some of the NRM textures will instantly crash umodel when you try to extract, making them unextractable. (Maybe gildor can fix sometime? I posted a crash log up above)
Nevermore
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2019, 06:21 »

Hello,

So, last year when Dragon Quest XI - Echoes of an Elusive Age was out on PC/PS4, once the files were unpacked, textures could then be viewed and exported using UE Viewer when it was set to Unreal Engine 4.14.

Now with the Switch version, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition, the files are unpacked, and when I try to use UE Viewer again, none of the options for Unreal Engine 4 work.

I attached an example from JackGame\Content\UIs_common\Texture\Icon\Sozai ; T_Hud_Icon_Item_I_BON_001, the uasset and uexp files. And a png from the PC version of what it should look like exported.

The error received upon trying to open or view the asset is:
Code:
assertion failed: SkipOffset H == 0

appMalloc:size=-1179475648 (total=0 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:-814117520 x 12 <- FPackageFileSummary::Serialize4 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:T_Hud_Icon_Item_I_BON_001.uasset, ver=508/0, game=ue4.14 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:T_Hud_Icon_Item_I_BON_001.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1105

There's some discussion about how the package was compressed over here, I don't know if that would help: https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1005&hilit=dragon&start=1140#p51278

Some excerpts from it.

The Game uses Unreal Engine 4.18.3 "SDK MW+EpicGames+UnrealEngine-4_18_3", pak is Version 4.

Files have a ZIP value of 03 in Unreal which has previously corresponded to Oodle. Based on their relative complexity they do seem to be Oodle or similar; some form of LZ compression, separate streams for literals/control/lengths in some cases, varying degrees of legibility in the literal stream (e.g. bit literals vs byte literals). I can't rule out that byte 2 is just the Oodle enum but the files aren't parsing with existing scripts. The longest files seem to have a chunk header of "2D03" and the shortest have a chunk header of "2D00" which would correspond to LZHLW and LZBLW, which seems like it's flipped if anything.

Looks like "lizard" may do it

Really? lizard is LZ5, never seen it adopted in any game yet... interesting Smiley

Yeah, I was very surprised... I found the string "lz5" in the exe and I thought it was LHA at first, it is a Japanese game. The script had no issues with any of the files so good job on the futureproofing.

I'm reposting the script because the first one didn't handle uncompressed files properly due to my messing around, there is no alteration to the base Unreal script needed beyond pointing ZIP == 3 to Lizard.

I am a simple man, I don't know if that all would be relevant to the extracted files from the package, but I hope it can help. I really want to get all the new artwork used in the story battles. I'm a sucker for Toriyama art. Smiley

* T_Hud_Icon_Item_I_BON_001.uasset (0.89 KB - downloaded 69 times.)
* T_Hud_Icon_Item_I_BON_001.uexp (16.31 KB - downloaded 60 times.)

* T_Hud_Icon_Item_I_BON_001.png (12.35 KB, 128x128 - viewed 4520 times.)
Nevermore
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2019, 17:12 »

Hmm. So my thread was moved here for some reason. Despite it being a different enough to warrant its own thread.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2019, 17:31 »

It was about Dragon Quest XI, isn't it? Same game, no matter that new episode. I'd prefer to keep a single thread for the same game, not multiple ones.
Nevermore
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2019, 19:03 »

Okie doke then.

Well. For those that didn’t notice. I have some example files uploaded. If anybody could help with extracting the icons, that’d be fantastic.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: