April 18, 2024, 19:14
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest XI  (Read 16229 times)
Takato Matsuki

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2019, 21:54 »

Will UModel have a DQ11 override detection option?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2019, 23:56 »

Not planned.
Nevermore
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2019, 21:48 »

So who do I have to pay to take a look at the Switch files to see how we can get the images?  Nobody has downloaded my uploads at all so nobody has looked. :<
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2019, 10:24 »

I've checked the file you've provided.
1. It has little customization of texture format (details: FTexturePlatformData's serializer added extra int32 before or after "FirstMip" field)
2. This game doesn't use Nintendo Switch texture compression - the texture was extracted showing the picture very similar to attached one.
Nevermore
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2019, 02:43 »

Cool cool, thank you so much for checking it out.

Is there a specific way to get it to work with the viewer currently? And would it help to provide other other types files for your research?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2019, 08:57 »

I see no point for integrating this into the UE Viewer - how it should be integrated? "Dragon Quest XI N-th Episode, Nintendo Switch version"?
Nevermore
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2019, 18:48 »

Would that be the only way to make it work? Is there an alternative for us to use?

I know it's annoying to ask about it, but currently your tool and knowledge are the only thing that is able to work with these files.

Nevermore
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2019, 22:42 »

My offer for paying is open for anybody that is interested, btw. I'm willing to donate at least $100 USD to anybody that can make it happen. Getting the new artwork and music extracted is my goal currently, I don't have much else to do, lol.

There's not enough appreciation for all the stuff this game provides, and it makes me sad. We get a full length classic style JRPG, and zoomers just wanna pay for skins and dances and watch other people play video games on Twitch, haha.

EDIT: Gildor dropped off the exe into my post! Woot! It works when I set the Viewer to 4.18. Many thanks! Money sent. Smiley

* umodel-dq11.7z (358.24 KB - downloaded 234 times.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 03:44 by Nevermore » Logged
Nevermore
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2019, 07:19 »

Apologies for the Triple Post.  So next I'm working on the PS4 version. And I'm also getting the textures for the icons for that, mainly for the PlayStation buttons that the PC version doesn't have.

I downloaded a Japanese PKG (since US requires firmware out of PS4 hacking range, so I couldn' find it anywhere), extracted the pak files with PS4PKGViewer, and used QuickBMS with a script made for the PC version, which extracted the pak file without issue: https://pastebin.com/RePzSkST

So the regular viewer is 50/50 with the images.  Setting it to Unreal 4.14 and PS4 works for half of them, while the other half gets all wonky.

To better show it, I uploaded both a folder with the files I extracted from the Japanese version, and the exported results. The files are stuff from the root of the UI folder, which is where the PS4 button icons are:
https://mega.nz/#F!G3xHUAQa!byUn-poVA9xKA5NOtT3-6g

And attached in this post is a specific scrambled example. The uexp/uasset, PS4 scrambled png, and the Switch png in comparison.: T_Hud_Icon_Kakutoku_Medal_000

This isn't as important to me as the Switch one, some of the PS4 buttons would be nice to get to use on PC, instead of shoddy fan made ones. And especially if the new content isn't retroactively coming to PC.

Again, many thanks for any help. I know I've been a pain about this, but hey, I like the game a lot.  Smiley

* T_Hud_Icon_Kakutoku_Medal_000.uexp (16.33 KB - downloaded 43 times.)
* T_Hud_Icon_Kakutoku_Medal_000.uasset (0.9 KB - downloaded 41 times.)

* T_Hud_Icon_Kakutoku_Medal_000.png (12.22 KB, 100x100 - viewed 1711 times.)

* T_Hud_Icon_Kakutoku_Medal_000.png (13.54 KB, 100x100 - viewed 1700 times.)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2019, 08:42 »

EDIT: Gildor dropped off the exe into my post! Woot! It works when I set the Viewer to 4.18. Many thanks! Money sent. Smiley
Sorry, forum didn't let me send a message with attachment first. I've changed settings, pressing "send" - it says "already sent". Well, I've quickly attached the file to the last post and turned off the PC - and I didn't notice that the post is NOT mine Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2019, 19:22 »

PS4 texture unswizling code was contributed by someone else. I just used the third-party code, so I do not understand how it works, whether it has bugs, etc.
You may just try to disable or enable unswizzling with -ps4 option (select PC or PS4 platform).
Nevermore
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2019, 02:30 »

Word, I tried with PC and every result is scrambled.  The PS4 option is the one what makes it hit or miss. But I guess I never miss.

I'll ask around to see if there's folks that know about this stuff.  I hope it isn't an issue with the extract via QuickBMS. It's such a huge package to extract haha.

In that MEGA link, I added a folder of the PC option results.
Syntaxthesis

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2019, 08:53 »

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201910/16184681.html

I'm not sure this is helpful but Square-Enix held a developer panel / presentation recently in Japan. It goes over the development of the Nintendo Switch version.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 08:55 by Syntaxthesis » Logged
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2020, 21:58 »

so, me and a friend have figured out how to rip the models from the switch version of the game, unreal 4.18. the only problem now is the textures, none of them open, my friend said 4.18 with platform on pc works for him but the files that i test have not worked. 
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2020, 06:43 »

me and my friends have figured out how to get the textures from the game now
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: