March 28, 2024, 20:52
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest XI  (Read 16104 times)
temsame

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2020, 15:46 »

not trying to start a fight or something but , what r u guys trying to take from this old game?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2020, 17:18 »

@temsame: S edition is just released on pc (only two weeks ago) and it has more content compared to base version. Also, it's different from switch version of the same edition, released a year ago. So obviously modding is considered.
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2020, 08:36 »

I'm having trouble getting the post-game content from any version I've extracted. I've manually went through the Switch version of "S Definitive Edition" as well as the PC "S Digital Edition of Light" and neither seem to have the post-game content involving the Hall of Remembrance. I even double-checked by using a tool to copy all extracted PNG's to isolated folders and going through them manually and the textures of monsters or NPCs exclusive to that area are entirely absent from both versions. Strangely, extracting the Switch version even with updates applied does not seem to result in the Hall of Remembrance assets, but it does include the 'Timewyrm' Superboss, which is only able to be fought AFTER the Hall of Remembrance has been completed and it's own boss defeated. Am I missing something? Is there an update to be applied to the switch version that includes these features, or is it an issue with extraction not recognizing it?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 10:46 by Grendor » Logged
metapoodle

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2021, 01:30 »

I was curious--is there any available guide for modding the PC version?  I was considering doing a bit of modding/model extracting but I wanted to see how viable it is.  I've worked with Unreal stuff before but it seems like this game is being a bit tricky because of the different versions of Unreal involved?  Thanks for any tips!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2021, 21:17 »

@metapoodle: It's better to look for some DQ XI modding communities. For example, discord server, mentioned here.
metapoodle

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2021, 00:03 »

@metapoodle: It's better to look for some DQ XI modding communities. For example, discord server, mentioned here.

thanks much--I didn't even know where to start looking (I'm mainly an FF modder)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2023, 00:34 »

@LegnaX: Could you stop explicitly claiming that something doesn't work, while it actually works. First with Century (mentioned specific build works fine directly with packages if proper override option is used, without extracting them), now here (v5 script works fine with latest steam version of S Definitive Edition). Otherwise I would be forced to ask Gildor to remove all your posts like that for sanity reasons to keep tracking actual issues instead of user errors.
m1ke9k1

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2023, 18:55 »

Thanks a bunch, spiritovod. I walked them through a few things on Discord. Can also confirm that the v5 script works- we apparently have some older versions of the same script from 2020 still floating around on older posts.

It seemed they had a few misgivings on how the script worked- not even realizing that was exactly what the results were supposed to look like. They didn't understand that those animations were tied to cutscenes and named after the corresponding Cutscene IDs. I promptly directed them to our documentation site.

Possibly related: they had a couple issues with umodel due to running it from the wrong directory as well. I believe once these were ironed out they were good to go.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 19:02 by m1ke9k1 » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2023, 22:22 »

@m1ke9k1: Thank you for the info. Usually I'm fine with all kind of reports, because there is possibility that I may accidentally include corrupted/outdated build or script in particular archive (since currently scripts bundle is provided both at zenhax and rin, also in case of DQXI there is also all-in-one package on previous page of this topic) or miss something else. But not when someone is coming and just telling others to not use build/script because it didn't work for them without proper details or explanation, especially when it's related to things I fixed personally with double checks sometimes.
As for the v5 script, it was modified on 18.12.2020 with support for switch version of S edition and since then it was not changed. Considering that both steam and switch versions were not updated since 2020, the only version it was not tested with is PS4 one.
mrchoii14

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2023, 12:28 »

Hello @spiritovod, I'm just new to data mining and I see that you post a ''All-in-one tools pack for Dragon Quest XI S (PC version): download. Tested on full version from steam.'' in page 5 but when I download the tools I don't know what's next after I use 'unreal_tournament_4_0.4.20a_dq11_v5.bms' on Dragon Quest XI S cause after that I tried to load it in umodel-dq11 and didn't load anything. Can you help me what to do after that? Thank you in advance sir.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2023, 21:57 »

@mrchoii14: You probably didn't select correct engine (if you're using latest game version from steam, it should be 4.18), because included specific umodel build affects only textures and you should be able to load meshes in any actual build anyway - considering that you're opening already extracted assets. Either way, I would recommend to view some tutorials about general umodel usage, starting with the one from tutorial section, and look for some DQXI modding tutorials and communities - for example, the one m1ke9k1 has mentioned in his post above (check "documentation site" link).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 13:51 by spiritovod » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: