April 18, 2024, 10:18
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: APB Certain Packages Crash Umodel  (Read 537 times)
Bamvids

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2018, 08:42 »

Hello, I've been having some issues exporting the Asylum map from APB Reloaded.  The terrain and props all export flawlessly and ends up perfect in 3ds Max, but then I try to export one of the packages containing the building itself and Umodel crashes with this error message:

Code:
TArray: index 0 is out of range (0)
ConvertLod:lod=0 <- UStaticMesh3::ConvertMesh <- UStaticMesh3::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh3'AsylumDistrict_AsylumDistrict_CentralSection_Package.AsylumDistrict_CentralSection_Generic_0001_LOD_3', pos=42CA1, ver=547/32, game=apb <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:AsylumDistrict_AsylumDistrict_CentralSection_Package <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=726

The same thing happens when I try to open it to view the models.  I've attached the log in case that's helpful.

Is there any way to get around this and get those pieces of the building exported?  A long time ago I tried using NinjaRipper for this project and that was hell to deal with and I ended up missing a lot of pieces.  Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edit: I should probably also mention that I clicked override game detection, set the engine to UE3 and set the game as All Points Bulletin.

* notify.log (13.35 KB - downloaded 114 times.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:58 by Bamvids » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 11:47 »

It's strange. I see the package version is same, so it should work. Give me sample packages which crashed umodel, please - I'll probably take a look.
Bamvids

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 03:38 »

Thanks for the response Gildor!  Here's the files:

https://mega.nz/#!MfwAEAZb!NusR2g9_rPHeoZpDS51cgCCpKdCWxX1YeXEikreQx5g

I don't know if it has any relevance or not, but those are from an October 2012 build of the game.  The terrain file in the rar is not the one I successfully extracted the terrain from before, so I'm curious to know what's in it.

Thanks!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 10:49 »

but those are from an October 2012 build of the game.
This makes sense. I though it's current version of the game, with same data version - but it doesn't work. Trying to support something older than already works is really very hard with Unreal, so I'd rather say "no" now, sorry.
Bamvids

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 11:23 »

Ah okay then, thanks for trying.  So those ones are older than what is already supported? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but would it make a difference if I provided the most recent version of them from a patch that went live a few days ago?

Here's the newest version of the packages.
https://mega.nz/#!lPYA2aQZ!76xKsJzpUhOFTHe_cvAoV9DYYeMM3D4Gig0NMxWl4dY
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: