March 29, 2024, 02:10
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Received Fatal Error for Gears of War 4  (Read 1336 times)
Nyren

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2019, 03:10 »

I got full access to the WindowsApp folder and found the BundleManifest.bin file for Gears of War 4. I set the path in UModel and use the override to select Unreal Engine 4 and Gears of War 4. However, as soon as I hit the "OK" button, I get this fatal error:

Unable to open file C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_13.2.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame/Content/Paks/de-DE/WwiseAudioCulture_GUDS.pak
FFileArchive::OpenFile <- FFileReader::FFileReader:C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_13.2.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame/Content/Paks/de-DE/WwiseAudioCulture_GUDS.pak <- MountVFS <- appRegisterGameFile:C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_13.2.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame/Content/Paks/de-DE/WwiseAudioCulture_GUDS.pak <- ScanGameDirectory <- ScanGameDirectory <- ScanGameDirectory <- ScanGameDirectory <- appSetRootDirectory:dir=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_13.2.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame <- Main:umodel_build=901

My Gears 4 is fully updated and I am using the latest version of UModel, and as far as I can tell I'm doing everything correctly. Did I miss a step somewhere?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 11:19 »

Unable to open file C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_13.2.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame/Content/Paks/de-DE/WwiseAudioCulture_GUDS.pak
The error means that umodel can't open such file for some reason. May be path name is too long, may be it's because of file level protection. Try copying files to another location and open again.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 13:28 »

Microsoft games on the store are encrypted, you will need to use UWP Dumper to extract the files out unencrypted, then use uModel on the pak files (and aes key if needed) then.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 07:31 »

Game does indeed still work with uModel, UWP Dumper and the Microsoft Store Encryption stuff is probably whats your having trouble with.

Simo311

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 19:53 »

I'm having the same issue, Microsoft Store Encryption is stopping me from ripping game's files, so i tried to use UWP Dumper as you suggested but gears 4 doesn't even show up in the 'UWP Dumper' list of extractable softwares.
I own a legit copy of Gears 4, am i doing something wrong?
Maybe it's due to the fact that my Gears 4 is installed on 'D' drive instead of the main 'System C' drive...
My 'C' drive isn't that big so i'm unable to install Gears 4 on it, is there a way to change up UWP Dumper's path so it can see the game and dump the files in 'D' drive?
Thank you all!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 19:57 »

This is rather UWP Dumper issue then.
Simo311

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 20:05 »

Any suggestion on how i can bypass Microsoft Store Encryption ?
It does REALLY bother me a lot!!
Thanks a bunch!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 20:08 by Simo311 » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 03:53 »

You can only use the UWP Dumper and move the dump files out of the temp state folder to another location that will notify you that the new location will not have encryption, then you can use umodel has normal.

unfortunately due to how big the game are getting theses days, and way the dumper works you will have to find additional storage to due the rip.

Simo311

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 20:14 »

Ok, i found a bigger 'System C' drive, where i've installed Windows 10 as well as Gears 4, and i managed to do the dump using UWP Dumper as you suggested.
Everything seems to work pretty fine, but i'm unable to find the sound/music files within the game using Umode!
Is Umodel able to rip Gears 4's sound files or it just work with texture/assets??
Thanks for the help!!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2020, 00:20 »

@Simo311: There is high possibility that the game is using wwise audio, which is not supported by umodel. Extract all files with quickbms and UE4 script (path to files should contain "Gears of War 4" for proper extraction), then look for wem/bnk/pck files, they are all wwise files. To convert them use "wwise unpacker" or anything.
Simo311

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 03:47 »

So, seems like Umodel isn't able to read the audio files...
I've tried with QuickBMS and UE4 script, still no results, neither 'wwise unpacker' seems to work!!
I'll attach here some screens of the files i've tried to open.
Thanks for the help!

* saasfew.PNG (35.2 KB, 689x488 - viewed 102 times.)

* 11111111111111.PNG (166.71 KB, 675x506 - viewed 134 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2020, 17:47 »

Wwise unpacker only works on extracted files like wem/bnk/pck. And you didn't meet the requirement, explained in my previous post - UE4 script has specific workaround for the game, but it can detect it only via mentioned path pattern, that's why it didn't work for you. 
Simo311

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 03:48 »

Ok, i managed to do the extraction, now i'm left with over 10000 individuals .wem files, and i've tried to use Wwise unpacker to convert them into .mp3, however it doesn't work at all.
When i put the interested file into the 'Game Files' folder and i click on the 'Unpack to MP3' .batch file, nothing happens.
How do i convert .wem into .mp3?
Thanks!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 04:24 »

That's because wwise unpacker is designed for converting from original pck/bnk containers. If you want to convert wem files with it, you should place them into Tools\Decoding subfolder and rename to wav/ogg (depends on the wem internal format) - and then use bat from the root folder. But it's better to use vgmstream for separate wems instead, it will let you play them without converting (there are plugins for foobar/winamp and separate GUI) and convert them if needed.
Simo311

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 19:16 »

Ok, i've managed to convert those .wem files (from 'wwiseaudio.pak') using convertwem.zip
(" https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4eUybNL3QcwZDAxYWxPY05mdXc/view ")
Now i'm able to play them, but they all have non meaningful names like 30806327.ogg or 10301677.ogg, they just seem so randomly named!
Is there a way to sort them out?
I only needed the voicelines, but now i'm left with over 7000 audio files, where many of them are just sound effect or music!
I need some way to order them, please!
Also, it does ONLY work with 'wwiseaudio.pak' file, wich contains mostly sound effect (see: screen 1)
When i try to unpack every other file (see: screen 2) with quickbms, it extracts me a lot of .wem files but in no way i'm able to convert them into a more common audio format, vgmstream says 'fail to open file', and convertwem.zip successfully convert them into .ogg but they are all 1KB unreadable audio file.
they are all .wem files, why only some of the are functioning?
Thanks a lot!

* screen 1.PNG (25.85 KB, 660x225 - viewed 119 times.)

* screen 2.PNG (40.58 KB, 636x464 - viewed 84 times.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 20:08 by Simo311 » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: