March 29, 2024, 13:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Trying to extract DmC (2013) but have a big problem  (Read 657 times)
moasariushi

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2019, 01:31 »

I am trying to extract DmC's enviroment models, like houses.. objects.. etc. At first I got a fatal error too but I figured that one out, but now I have another problem that I cannot figure out. Here is the fatal error message

FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- SerializeBulkArray <- FSkelIndexBuffer3<< <- FStaticLODModel3<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- USkeletalMesh3::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh3'CH7_PoisonA_Preload.sk_l_harnessPipe_ingame', pos=615B6D, ver=845/4, game=dmc <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:CH7_PoisonA_Preload <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=995

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 09:13 »

For DmC everything except animations should work. Are you trying to open PC game?
moasariushi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 23:04 »

Yes. and animations are not necessary for me
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 23:15 »

Well, I have only 1 package form this game (it seems people who provided files to me were very greedy Smiley) And that single file works pretty well.
If you'd send me a few files which crashes umodel, I'd be able to check. It seems that the game wasn't updated since release, package version is the same - 845/4, so if something doesn't work - this is rather a bug.
moasariushi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 04:41 »

How do I send the file to you if I cannot export it? To be honest..I am not sure what file gives me that error.. all I can see is the thing in the error message "CH7_PoisonA_Preload.sk_l_harnessPipe_ingame"
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 07:25 »

That should be "CH7_PoisonA_Preload". Try copying this file somewhere and opening it with all other files missing. If it won't crash, then it is not worth sending THIS file.
moasariushi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 17:05 »

Hello, I attempted to export it by itself and it is indeed that file. I got the same fatal error message. can I somehow remove the file? I do not think it is necessary for me to keep it.

edit: I am now trying to export the files without the ch7 thing, I will tell you if I need more help
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 17:16 by moasariushi » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 17:13 »

That's UE3 game, so no "pak" here. You may try removing the file, if only it causes the crash. Of you may send it so me so I'd be able to verify it myself, possibly fixing a crash.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 18:23 »

CH7_PoisonA_Preload

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 18:57 »

Thanks. I've made a quick fix, now 2 upk files which I have loaded correctly. It would be nice if you could test it with all skeletal meshes from this game to confirm that the fix is good, and that I can submit my changes to umodel's source code repository. To test, it's enough to open umodel, select a game, disable animation, static mesh and texture loading (disable textures and statics just to make things loaded faster), then load (open) all packages with meshes - if umodel won't crash, things are good.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 19:14 »

Yep works fine now, another file would crash also but not no more (even with textures enabled Cheesy).

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 19:15 »

Thanks for testing, bro! So, EVERYTHING works now for this game? (except animations of course)
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 19:18 »

Yep everything except for animations no problem.

moasariushi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 00:18 »

Update: I have another error file after skipping ch7 poision preload.

Serializing behind stopper (63D9738+8000000 > 63D97E6)
FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- SerializeBulkArray <- FSkelIndexBuffer3<< <- FStaticLODModel3<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- USkeletalMesh3::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh3'Combat.sk_l_harnessPipe_ingame', pos=63D9738, ver=845/4, game=dmc <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:Combat <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=995
moasariushi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 00:21 »

If I would send you the file and you can fix it, do you mean that you would send it back?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: