March 29, 2024, 18:59
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Unreal Tournament 4  (Read 1268 times)
LoverAlien

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2019, 23:18 »

hi there I've been trying to export the skaarj model from UT4 2017 but when i export the model nothing happens, when i try to view the model there is nothing but all i can do is save the UASSET file.

Some times i get errors like this

assertion failed: SkipOffsetH == 0

UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'AtmosphericCloudNoise03.AtmosphericCloudNoise03', pos=423, ver=517/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.23 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1021

or this

Access violation (C0000005) at umodel.exe+0x5528D
VisualizerLoop <- Main:umodel_build=1021

What im trying to do is get the skaarj player model, here the other  things i tryed so far

Ninja Ripper (nothing but errors)
Couldn't find a tool that can open a UASSET file (No dice)
Can't even find a model on the internet that someone already ripped.
And when Umodel asks for the version of the game I use 4.16, Any help would be nice.  laugh
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 23:52 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 23:53 »

UT4 stuck with intermediate engine version. You should use github version of UT4 to get such models as editor assets.

Probably I should add UT4 support for UModel, like I did for Paragon before ...
LoverAlien

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 00:46 »

That would be nice.

UPDATE! I GOT THE MODEL! THANK YOU.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:53 by LoverAlien » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 09:26 »

UPDATE! I GOT THE MODEL! THANK YOU.
Great, but it would be nice if you'd say HOW you did that Smiley (with a few words)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 22:25 »

Well, I've added support for "final" version of Unreal Tournament 4. I still have a hope that Fortnite development will hold on a bit, and UT4 will be continued ...

To open assets from cooked game, you should use -game=ut4 (or override the game from UI). Opening github (editor) assets does not require any override and will work just like before.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 23:16 »

Important note

When you'll try to open Epic Games Store version of UT4, make sure to select a folder UnrealTournament/Content/Paks. If you will not do so, UModel may pick ANOTHER pak file: WindowsServer/UnrealTournament/Content/Paks, which has the same content - but with stripped out geometry and textures. As those assets has the same name, one of them with "shadow" another one, so you may have a situation when you're trying to open a mesh, but "server" version of it will be loaded, and you'll see a picture saying "mesh has no LODs".
luke11685

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 16:42 »

The most disgraceful things Epic Games within Tencent are doing that they are invested money in improvements of Unreal Engine 4 technology and Fortnite Battle Royale. Sadly and unfortunetely they abandoned Unreal Tournament 2016 as pre-alpha development stage which maked proper character modding more difficult challenge.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 17:13 »

Even worse is somewhat lack of linux support also, but with Tim not a fan of it not surprising.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: