March 28, 2024, 17:31
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Halo Master Chief Collection  (Read 2691 times)
Genesis_Modz

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2019, 08:09 »

Steam link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

EngineVersion: Unknown they scrubbed it from the exe and the pak file.

Audio Engine: Wwise Audio

Halo MCC is using UE4 for UI and because of that the current campaign build only has textures and widgets but once they add multiplayer armor models and cosmetics will be in the pak file.

Umodel currently fully supports the textures (No models or anims to test quite yet.)

Thanks to GHFear for the help!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 09:16 by Blenux » Logged
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 13:20 »

The launcher/UI use UE4 4.21 with models and textures being extractable.
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 23:46 »

Here are the extractable models <removed>
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 17:00 by 09williamsad » Logged
CosmicDreams

Pak chunky.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 21:25 »

The models seem to have broken UV's in some cases. But also, textures are used with a different uv map to what's on the mesh so it makes me think the game uses multiple uv maps but only one actually shows up in umodel. This only seems to be an issue for Halo Reach models.
/MCC/Content/UI/Features/Customization/Characters/Skinned_Elite/Models/Regions/head/head_default.uasset Is a good example for a mesh with a broken UV.
Any of the spartan helmets can also be used to show the issue of a texture being used that doesn't line up with the UV.

EDIT: Animations also seem to be problematic.

* umodel_ptPDbDoxIl.png (91.75 KB, 735x595 - viewed 444 times.)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 21:27 by CosmicDreams » Logged
CosmicDreams

Pak chunky.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 17:36 »

Halo 3 came out yesterday and all the aforementioned issues still seem to be present. If sample files are needed i can send some over.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 09:23 »

May be in a year I'll have enough time to do something specific to individual games. At the moment I can't do the work for Sea of Thieves, which I promised for 2 months (and the game wasn't supported I think for 2 years).
lavadeeto

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 15:08 »

Hello! I was able to grab the textures I needed from it but I am having a issue with cubemaps. This is the error I'm getting and I have only 1 face from the cubemap:

Failed to upload mip 0 of texture H1S2_VISOR_BLUE_PASTEL in format 0x83F3: error 0x501

Any way to grab the full cubemap?
Illian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 07:47 »

I saw the compatibility list get an update yesterday, but why isn't the MCC all red? It's quite clear that nothing usable can be gained, and even then not from the game itself just the launcher/UI. Compatibility should be updated to show 'no' in all fields.
Illian

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2020, 16:39 »

Just another reminder that this game should absolutely not be shown as green in the compatibility table.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 16:49 »

Well, I'll explain.
- Some people says "everything works"
- Some people says "something doesn't work", others - "no, this works".

It is often happens that somebody is using wrong settings, or doing something wrong, then say "I've tried everything and things doesn't work". But somebody does a little correction, and things stands in place. You didn't motivate anything with your message. You're saying "only UI textures works", somebody shows a screenshot with model. Who's wrong?

I didn't test this game myself, and not going to do.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 20:10 »

It's all explained in the first post. Games from the collection are not built with UE, but they're using UE4 assets for the launcher and multiplayer customizations. Basically:
- You can't open base games' resources with umodel, because they're not made with UE.
- You can open UE4 assets, used by the launcher (including meshes, textures and animations) with umodel just fine, except minor issues.

In the compatibility table it's all green, because you can open corresponding UE assets with umodel, and that sounds reasonable to me.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: