March 29, 2024, 00:54
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Help understanding maps  (Read 578 times)
tottaka

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2019, 19:19 »

Hello, I have extracted an unreal map and was wondering if it is possible to somehow read what objects are placed in the map and get their position/rotation/scale. I do not need the mesh data from the objects in the map, just something like the objects name or some type of id to know what the object is and where it is located on the map. I would also like to know what is the file PersistentLevel.Level? What type of info is contained in this file and is .Level the appropriate file type? Hopefully someone can help me out, thanks.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 19:21 »

Hi,
Files produced with "extractor" (not umodel) are for very advanced use. There's no any instructions or guides about how to use them, sorry.
tottaka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 19:28 »

Hi, thanks for quick response. Just out of curiosity, do you know what type of data is contained in the PersistentLevel file? Would it theoretically be possible to extract the information I am after?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 19:36 »

There lots of information of different kinds. It's too hard to analyze it without use of any Unreal framework (UE4 itself, or UModel as code base). It contains actors (information which you need), lightmap bindings, terrain, etc.
tottaka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 19:53 »

Does Umodel skip over the actor information? I tried extracting the same map with Umodel, but it only gave me LightMapTexture2D, Texture2D, and TextureCube3. I would also like to add what I am extracting from was produced in UE3.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 19:56 by tottaka » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 19:57 »

UModel doesn't read levels at all.
tottaka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 20:24 »

I see. Thank you for the information and quick replies, I commend you for your awesome work.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: