March 29, 2024, 02:47
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Spyro Reignited  (Read 1570 times)
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2019, 17:30 »

Wikipedia says the game uses UE4. Has anyone tried UE Viewer on this game? Want to check before buying the game...cheers
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 22:25 »

OK can confirm that UE Viewer is working for skeletal meshes and animations :-) Use Engine version 4.19
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 23:08 »

Nice. What about static meshes and textures?
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 00:45 »

Static mesh and textures working too :-)
Nice. What about static meshes and textures?
gamerfreak5665

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 01:58 »

Hi,
I am trying to change the textures for this game, and while had success extracting the textures from the .uasset files, I have no idea how to actually import them into the .pak file for the game. Someone seems to have acheived this already by creating this mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHrvcVUohZs
I do have Unreal Engine 4 installed, but I cannot open the .uasset files that are extracted. Any ideas?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 08:58 »

Hi,
I am trying to change the textures for this game, and while had success extracting the textures from the .uasset files, I have no idea how to actually import them into the .pak file for the game. Someone seems to have acheived this already by creating this mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHrvcVUohZs
I do have Unreal Engine 4 installed, but I cannot open the .uasset files that are extracted. Any ideas?
UModel's FAQ has an answer to your question.
Ceffyl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 16:25 »

While most things work just fine in UE Viewer, some models (examples in attached files) seem to have some strange things happen. I am completely new to working with the Unreal Engine and using UE Viewer -- so forgive me if this is just a common thing that occurs!

(Link to images in case attachments don't work: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kxrumm746zmj9wx/AAB-MIbtrGbI7O6uJxfPK-H3a?dl=0 )

* ueviewer-1.png (39.72 KB, 802x652 - viewed 282 times.)

* ueviewer-2.jpg (82.81 KB, 802x652 - viewed 487 times.)
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 17:04 »

1= picture is a alpha assign to spyro, probably first in the material that umodel picks up.
2= just how the shading behaves with certain textures, CTRL+G or CTRL+L to change shading.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Ceffyl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 17:11 »

Ahah. I knew it was just me being inexperienced... thank you for the quick reply! Everything else I have looked at in Spyro Reignited in UE Viewer has worked just fine in my adventure to make a simple texture mod.

For anyone seeking to mod the game: arm yourself with patience and read documentations/resources! Everything you need is out there!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 18:33 »

Ahah. I knew it was just me being inexperienced...
These are basic things, but most of people here doesn't know it. I actually briefly showed that in recent youtube video.
RedBear

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 12:50 »

Ahah. I knew it was just me being inexperienced... thank you for the quick reply! Everything else I have looked at in Spyro Reignited in UE Viewer has worked just fine in my adventure to make a simple texture mod.

For anyone seeking to mod the game: arm yourself with patience and read documentations/resources! Everything you need is out there!

So did you manage to make a working texture mod?
How about writing step-by-step guide on how to make mods for Unreal Engine games?
I would like to read this guide with great pleasure.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 12:55 »

What's the point of doing "texture mod" here? To write a message "Bob was here" on the Spyro's back?

I can understand when people changing texts in textures from English to another language (localizing the game). But doing such stuff for fighting games, for fortnite, for probably most of other games - is wasting of time.
RedBear

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 13:01 »

What's the point of doing "texture mod" here? To write a message "Bob was here" on the Spyro's back?

I can understand when people changing texts in textures from English to another language (localizing the game). But doing such stuff for fighting games, for fortnite, for probably most of other games - is wasting of time.
I don’t care about the texture mods. I want to know the process of making mods for Unreal Engine games.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2019, 13:28 »

In this case, this is a wrong thread for asking that.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 13:56 »

Been looking at the game assets for a couple of days and must admit this is how a 'remaster' should be done. Really great work, so much effort has gone into this. All the character models looks great, the textures and static mesh are all top class. If anyone is trying to learn how do make modular assets with hand painted textures, this game is a good starting point :-)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: