March 29, 2024, 01:23
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Can't find Transformers: War for Cybertron character models  (Read 9718 times)
ChrisOfTheDead360
« on: December 25, 2010, 03:38 »

Hello, First I would like to say that I've been searching for the models from war for cybertron for around a month now, and this program (aside from probably coming in handy alot in the future) is my best bet for obtaining them.  However I can't seem to find any meshes from any of the files in TransGame\CookedPC files.

I assumed they would be the TR_RobotNameHere_ROBO_p.xxx and TR_RobotNameHere_VEH_p.xxx files, or the DEF variations of them, but to no avail, I cannot find any character robot or vehicle models, only level geometry from other files.

I am able to find model textures in the TR_RobotNameHere_ROBO_p.xxx files, but thats about it.

So far I've placed uModel.exe into the CookedPC folder with everything in it and enter into the cmn:
cd C:\ProgramViles\ (the rest of the path here)
then I enter:
umodel.exe -all TR_RobotNameHere_ROBO_p.xxx

then I get the textures and various bump maps, but no models, and other files variations yield nothing that I can view.

Can anyone help me?
ChipWar
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 18:15 »

Hello, First I would like to say that I've been searching for the models from war for cybertron for around a month now, and this program (aside from probably coming in handy alot in the future) is my best bet for obtaining them.  However I can't seem to find any meshes from any of the files in TransGame\CookedPC files.

I assumed they would be the TR_RobotNameHere_ROBO_p.xxx and TR_RobotNameHere_VEH_p.xxx files, or the DEF variations of them, but to no avail, I cannot find any character robot or vehicle models, only level geometry from other files.

I am able to find model textures in the TR_RobotNameHere_ROBO_p.xxx files, but thats about it.

So far I've placed uModel.exe into the CookedPC folder with everything in it and enter into the cmn:
cd C:\ProgramViles\ (the rest of the path here)
then I enter:
umodel.exe -all TR_RobotNameHere_ROBO_p.xxx

then I get the textures and various bump maps, but no models, and other files variations yield nothing that I can view.

Can anyone help me?

try it umodel -ios TR_RobotNameHere_ROBO_p.xxx or umodel -all TR_RobotNameHere_ROBO_p.xxx or download new version umodel
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 18:28 by ChipWar » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 18:49 »

try it umodel -ios TR_RobotNameHere_ROBO_p.xxx or umodel -all TR_RobotNameHere_ROBO_p.xxx or download new version umodel
"-ios" is useless for Transformers - this switch is for iPhone games.
"-all" is also useless for meshes.
ChrisOfTheDead360
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 21:39 »

So is there any way to extract the character meshes from this game?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 21:58 »

Yes of course
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=26140&id=138478386167196
everything what can be viewed may be exported.
ChrisOfTheDead360
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 23:44 »

well thats good news, but Everytime I try a command line in the command prompt it says: Warning: package was not found. and Error: unable to find/load package

I'm using the file listed in the screenshots but don't know how to access them.

(And thank you for the help!)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 00:02 »

Read the "usage problems" board and "FAQ" (in documentation).
ChrisOfTheDead360
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 00:38 »

I got it working, thank you! :]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:55 by ChrisOfTheDead360 » Logged
Showster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 15:30 »

Sorry for bringing this back to life.

But does anyone know the type of techniques or how to remake the materials in UDK? with the exported textures from this game. I see that the textures they've used are using R,G,B for things like spec, alpha, colour etc.

Just generally intreged if anyone has had much experimentation with rebuilding WFC content in UDK.

All the best

G
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 18:34 by Showster » Logged
optimusprime1o1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 18:44 »

I am looking for the game models too but can someone give me the screenshots of the game files so I know what the files are called? Mainly because I don't want to spend a whole day looking for optimusprime.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: