March 28, 2024, 23:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Gears 5  (Read 12754 times)
sharppy2

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2021, 20:22 »

Thank you Spirit.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 16:41 by sharppy2 » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2021, 00:40 »

More like proof of concept, since I was not planning to work on it before extraction script will be completed (with proper paths), because UE4 and umodel relies on paths for loading related assets (skeleton, materials and textures), but oh well. You can read how to extract game packages at previous page.

Here is specific umodel build (link, updated) - no special override is required. You can submit errors for textures/materials and skeletal/static meshes, because they should work properly in latest specific build.

You can see related assets, like skeleton and materials, at the beginning of uasset files in the names table (if you'll open them in hex editor). Also you can scan extracted files with specific build for better understanding of their contents.

Update: Static meshes should be properly supported in the updated "fix" build.
Update 2: Skeletal meshes should be properly supported in the updated "fix2" build. Though skeletons was not tested yet.
Update 3: Specific build updated to v2, it now supports materials, skeletons and animations. Though animations using mirrored bones are partially broken at the moment.

* Clipboard10.jpg (163.06 KB, 2534x1230 - viewed 389 times.)

* Clipboard11.jpg (178.04 KB, 2544x1248 - viewed 399 times.)

* Clipboard12.jpg (150.85 KB, 2543x1248 - viewed 326 times.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 18:14 by spiritovod » Logged
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2021, 02:11 »

Great work, dude!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2021, 04:36 »

Post above updated with test version of specific build. Though at the moment only textures and skeletal/static meshes should work properly - but it may be helpful with detecting assets types of extracted files, since you can do scan even for non-working assets in umodel.

Apparently, extraction script is bugged at the moment, probably because compression is not handled properly for some chunks (like, considering oodle chunk as not compressed). As the result some of extracted assets are broken (you can see "wrong tag" warning for them while doing scan). I will check it later.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 00:43 by spiritovod » Logged
GearsofSkorge

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2021, 01:06 »

Hi - I've tried leaving the engine version/game blank on the updated Gears 5 Umodel, and also tried every UE4+4.xx option, however the files wont load/show, it just keeps saying 'skipped 82 files' which of course is the geargame content :/

Any help getting past this hurdle would be much appreciated. Cheers Smiley
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2021, 03:43 »

@GearsofSkorge: Specific build doesn't support b2container packages, you need to extract them first with quickbms script (explained on previous page) or somehow. Then you can do a scan in umodel on extracted files and sort meshes/textures in the flat view mode. Though scripts are a bit bugged and you can encounter a error while doing scan - in that case you'll need to remove broken extracted assets manually. Unfortunately I don't have much time to continue my research on this game at the moment. 
Firblind

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2021, 03:46 »

More like proof of concept, since I was not planning to work on it before extraction script will be completed (with proper paths), because UE4 and umodel relies...

Do you mind sending your Source code for the Umodel build, I understand you're busy so i'd be great to have multiple people contributing to it. Thanks for the work so far!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2021, 00:22 »

Specific build above is updated to v2. It should now support all compatible assets, but most animations will be partially broken anyway (though maybe eventually they'll be fixed).

@Firblind: The most problematic part at the moment is correct files extraction with proper paths. Feel free to find anybody, who is willing to contribute on that matter (by modifying existing quickbms script or somehow).

« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:31 by spiritovod » Logged
Illian

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2021, 16:29 »

The models I tested so far seem to work but is there anything else I should be doing for the textures or is that something to do with the paths issues or something else? The textures exported are just LOD thumbnails, the real ones are in separate .b2containers (labelled HiRes) in .ubulk format
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2021, 01:14 »

@Illian: Current support for textures is more like a stub to support corresponding assets even without filenames. It's because script for raw extraction works much better than the one with filenames at the moment, and in case of missing related ubulk for uasset, umodel will crash with error (in case of proper implementation of uasset+ubulk pairs). It will be updated as soon as the script is fixed or proper extractor appears.
sharppy2

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2021, 16:45 »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Thanks a million. For this i decided to just use a batch script. I too had files crash. Not sure which ones there are so many. But batching seems to do the trick quite nice. Again thank you for all you did with this one. Really grateful  Angry There was issues with b2container for SP ACT1,2,3,4
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 18:45 by sharppy2 » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2021, 20:08 »

@sharppy2:
If you have questions about this particular script, please ask them at zenhax forum in the linked topic.
nexus264

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2021, 01:06 »

Here is the error if you change the extension of the ubulk0 file to ubulk and open the texture.
Customization_Minimal.b2container / hero_kaitarmoredg5pop_mat01_body_bna.uasset **

ERROR: Unable to read 4194304 bytes at pos = 0x0
FFileReader :: Serialize: File = hero_kaitarmoredg5pop_mat01_body_bna.ubulk <- FByteBulkData :: SerializeDataChunk <- FByteBulkData :: SerializeData <- FByteBulkData :: SerializeData (UOextureT2) <- GetTextureData: hero_kaitarmoredg5pop_mat01_body_bna <- CTextureExportWorker :: Setup <- ExportTexture <- ExportMaterial: Texture2D'hero_kaitarmoredg5pop_mat01_body_bna '<- ExportObject: Texture2D'hero_kaitarmored_body_bna' <- ExportObject: Texture2D'hero_kaitarmored_g5popna_bnade 'ExportObject: Texture2D'hero_kaitarmored_g5popna_bna
Without changing the extension, umodel does not find ubulk0 files
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2021, 12:57 »

@nexus264: It was explained just three posts above yours.
nexus264

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2021, 15:27 »

@nexus264: It was explained just three posts above yours.

Hmmm, strange with files that have the name "gore_m01" and the extension changed to ubulk, everything works fine.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: