April 16, 2024, 21:31
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan  (Read 2811 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2020, 18:46 »

Due to possible misunderstandings I want to summarize some info, already present in the topic. Tested on umodel build 1437.
It's the same as with Little Hope, another game from the same series. That means you should disable Morph Targets on umodel startup screen and do not try to find all possible animations at once (via Ctrl+A), just add some animations to a model with "open folder content (append)". The reason behind that is that the game has over 4GB of animations, compatible with most models, which umodel can't handle at once.

Also, the error from this post by Rocailloux was produced because umodel 1118 and older (prior to 19 october 2019) was developed for SDL2 library 2.0.5.0, so you must grab it for older versions as well to avoid possible issues. You can find it in libs/SDL2/x86/SDL2.dll of corresponding commits (for example).  
Black5Unit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2023, 21:09 »

Hello,

so i tried to port the Characters and Creatures from this game but it seems like there is an error. I tried everything but it doesn't work. Is there a Person who could help me with that? :/ I would be thankful.  Undecided

( Yes i also tried to use 4.19 and 4.20 but as i said it doesn't work)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2023, 21:27 »

Apparently they've upgraded all their games to more recent 4.26 based variant of the engine, used in The Quarry. I've updated all my posts in other topics of the anthology games with respective info.

For latest game versions use specific umodel build from this topic with game specific override (it's the same for The Quarry and some of The Dark Pictures Anthology games), just don't forget to disable morph targets. You may also check this post for more info about animations.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 01:41 by spiritovod » Logged
Black5Unit

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2023, 21:26 »

Well, I just tried to sit down and it still doesn't seem to be working. I had the animations and morphs turned off (since I don't need them anyway), but as I said. I still get error messages. Azn"

Edit: Nevermind,i tried it again and it seems like it's not 4.26 but 4.27. Thank you anyway,you are a true Hero. ^__^
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 21:54 by Black5Unit » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2023, 19:08 »

@Black5Unit: You need to use game specific override (with it's name) instead of generic overrides with engine versions, it's available in the custom build linked above. Otherwise some meshes will still crash umodel.
Fanat921

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2023, 23:55 »

@Black5Unit: You need to use game specific override (with it's name) instead of generic overrides with engine versions, it's available in the custom build linked above. Otherwise some meshes will still crash umodel.

Is it possible to get a map/level from this game?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2023, 22:58 »

@Fanat921: Not with umodel, since it doesn't support map assets. You can try fmodel, though not sure the game is using default format for maps.
Fanat921

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2023, 00:13 »

@Fanat921: Not with umodel, since it doesn't support map assets. You can try fmodel, though not sure the game is using default format for maps.

Ok, thanks
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: