March 28, 2024, 20:54
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: UE Viewer build 1113 - vertex color support  (Read 907 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 13, 2019, 15:52 »

Implemented full support for reading, viewing and exporting of mesh vertex colors.

• Reading of static mesh vertex colors for UE2-UE4
  • Reading of skeletal mesh vertex colors for UE3-UE4
  • Export of vertex colors to psk format
  • Export of vertex colors to glTF format
  • Updated 3ds Max ActorX Importer to read psk vertex colors.

In a viewer, you'll now see additional line on the left, saying if vertex colors are present or not. If present, you may toggle its display with "C" key (option is also available in GUI menu).
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 16:35 »

Checked. Works.  Grin

MARK2580
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 18:29 »

Thanks! However I am having some issues with Spyro Reignited static meshes. From playing the game I am sure the mesh that I am viewing has vertex painting. UE Viewer also shows that it has vertex color. However when I press 'C' the mesh just displays black. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 18:48 »

StaticMesh may have 2 ways of vertex painting in UE4. Fist one, painting is applied to the mesh itself, what is supported by UE Viewer. The second one, painting is applied to the StaticMeshComponent in level, it is stored together with lightmaps and other level-specific data. This painting overrides mesh paint, and - as "components" are not supported by UE Viewer - is not visible or exported.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 22:27 »

Thanks for the clarification Gildor. That makes sense.
Cheers
StaticMesh may have 2 ways of vertex painting in UE4. Fist one, painting is applied to the mesh itself, what is supported by UE Viewer. The second one, painting is applied to the StaticMeshComponent in level, it is stored together with lightmaps and other level-specific data. This painting overrides mesh paint, and - as "components" are not supported by UE Viewer - is not visible or exported.
venturion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 10:15 »

Build 1113 and later doesn't work on some skeletal meshes. Errors in the particular are indexes that is out of range. I think what caused it should be something about vertex colors based on October 13th UEViewer's github commits that I found (hence I came to this thread). Similiar problem also happened on some Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet skeletal meshes, which means this similiar error could be happened on the some skeletal meshes from UE4 games that I've yet to know.

With bulk of errored samples on that regard of course. From Code Vein to be specific.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lglhq5t7wpg1eo/Costumes.7z?dl=0

I've yet to check if some static meshes produce the same error.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 10:27 by venturion » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 19:47 »

Fixed. These meshes has invalid vertex color data, ignoring it now.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 14:33 »

UModel build 1168 has fixed vertex color visualization and export: before UE3 engine used RGBA color format, after UE3 - BGRA. Swapping data to have RGBA everywhere.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: