March 28, 2024, 14:28
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: The Outer Worlds.  (Read 4317 times)
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 01:24 »

I don’t understand what’s stopping you from downloading the regular PC version from any torrent and using its files? Why waste time trying to parse a locked format from MS Store Huh?

MARK2580
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 01:45 »

I don’t understand what’s stopping you from downloading the regular PC version from any torrent and using its files? Why waste time trying to parse a locked format from MS Store Huh?
Wanted to see if it was possible to unencrypt Win store games, as for the .paks they are already unencrypted.
Arty

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 23:06 »

Oh my god, thank you so much!! The files are pretty big, but I'm glad that this was able to be done in the first place-less time worrying about how to get the game when I can just get it here, ha!
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2019, 00:10 »

Oh my god, thank you so much!! The files are pretty big, but I'm glad that this was able to be done in the first place-less time worrying about how to get the game when I can just get it here, ha!
Those are not all the .paks, there is another 13GB .pak file that I do not have the space to upload.
Mainly samples for testing.
Revier

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 00:43 »

Has anyone managed to locate and export meshes? manage to find every texture but no meshes to stick them on  embarrassed
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 00:44 by Revier » Logged
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2019, 00:49 »

Has anyone managed to locate and export meshes? manage to find every texture but no meshes to stick them on  embarrassed

Static meshes (those with no skeletons) currently do not export.
wavves

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2020, 12:54 »

How do you get this game to work with umodel (Epic games store) everytime I path the directory it's empty.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2020, 13:23 »

Look at console window, what it says?
wavves

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2020, 17:13 »

File C:\Program Files\Epic Games\TheOuterWorlds/Indiana/Content/Paks/PL-WindowsNoEditor.pak has an unknown format
File C:\Program Files\Epic Games\TheOuterWorlds/Indiana/Content/Paks/PT-WindowsNoEditor.pak has an unknown format
File C:\Program Files\Epic Games\TheOuterWorlds/Indiana/Content/Paks/RU-WindowsNoEditor.pak has an unknown format
File C:\Program Files\Epic Games\TheOuterWorlds/Indiana/Content/Paks/ZH-WindowsNoEditor.pak has an unknown format
Found 0 game files (18 skipped) at path "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\TheOuterWorlds"

This is what is shown in the CMD logs.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2020, 18:51 »

So, there's a problem with pak files format. Perhaps some protection from browsing game assets.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2020, 00:37 »

The last time I tried to open this game, the roofing felts there were not supported skeletal models, the roofing felts were static.

MARK2580
gomofe9098

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2020, 00:25 »

I'm using 4.22 setting for this.

I was able to export a rigged mesh.

If I try to export a static model:

Code:
appMalloc: size=-8 (total=0 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: -1 x 8 <- TArray::Serialize: 0/0 <- FReferenceSkeleton<< <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'SK_HAT_TP_MoonMan_001_F.SK_HAT_TP_MoonMan_001_F', pos=2282, ver=517/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.22 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: SK_HAT_TP_MoonMan_001_F.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1375
Sample file attached

* test.7z (50.81 KB - downloaded 47 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2021, 02:33 »

Here is specific umodel build for static meshes (link, updated) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.21 for original game, 4.27 for Spacer's Choice edition). Some materials are custom.

Update: Specific build is updated with support for Spacer's Choice edition.

* Clipboard10.jpg (123.48 KB, 2552x1223 - viewed 207 times.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 06:00 by spiritovod » Logged
Rezzi

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2022, 01:11 »

Here is specific umodel build for static meshes (link) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.21). Some materials are custom.

P.S. Welp, it took some time... I didn't expect to even find out solution for this, but now I can tell why no public tool was available so far - static meshes has some particular data packed and optimized in a way that looks like basic encryption (though it's not).

I know this is an old thread, so I'm not sure if you'll see this -- but I am trying to get the umodel build you uploaded to work. I downloaded and extracted, and was given an error (the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).)

Can you offer any insight? I've been trying to get at the static meshes for AGES! Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2022, 13:57 »

@Rezzi: Check this post and also make sure exe is not blocked by your antivirus for some reason.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: