Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Dungeon Defenders Issue  (Read 201 times)
Grendor

View Profile
Dungeon Defenders Issue
« on: January 06, 2020, 02:54 »

So I know Dungeon Defenders 2 will likely never get supported fully, but at one point the original was able to be extracted from. However with a new update to either umodel or the game itself, it can't be properly accessed with umodel any longer. I was hoping we could get support for it again, as there was a final update to the game with new content.

Here's a zip file of the require research files.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0nm7ppo8um96ut/DunDef.zip?dl=0
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Dungeon Defenders Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 10:31 »

If the issue happened with new update of UModel - I should fix that. If game's update - then not.

It would be nice if you could test older UModel to see if there's some version which opens the game
https://github.com/gildor2/UEViewer/commits/master/umodel.exe
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 05:22 »

It seems to be an issue with umodel itself. The game update doesn't seem to have changed the engine at all from what I've looked into thus far, but I'm having trouble finding which version of umodel was able to open it. It's been a long time since I've used it with this game and don't recall which revision it was specifically. Last time I used it to open this game was before UE4 was even a thing...I'll keep looking for it though. I've seen a few games do this since umodel was updated. I don't recall which but if I come across them again I'll let you know.
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 18:26 »

You can still open it, set it as UE3 -> Dungeon Defenders and disable textures and lightmaps~
WollieWoltaz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 21:54 »

@Ehlyon Can you also export skeletal meshes and animations when setting it as UE3 with textures and lightmaps disabled?
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 22:40 »

@Ehlyon Can you also export skeletal meshes and animations when setting it as UE3 with textures and lightmaps disabled?

Yup.
There's only one file that seems to have a problem with Skeletal Mesh and am "unable to open" called "DD2_HappyRamparts01.upk" but all the rest seems to work.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 23:32 »

"Unable to open" usually says more precise error message.
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 02:36 »

"Unable to open" usually says more precise error message.

I didn't think you'd be interested in it, sorry i assumed so.

"TArray: index 143 is out of range

ProcessVerts <- ConvertLod:lod=0 <- USkeletalMesh3::ConvertMesh <- USkeletalMesh3::PostLoad <- PostLoad:MainCoreBase_SK <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:DD2_HappyRamparts01 <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1136"

Disabling Skeletalmesh load the package fine, so static meshes are viewable.

Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 18:39 »

So textures are no longer supported? I kind of need those for the models to be useful for what I need them for. This is the same situation as Dungeon Defenders 2, Skeletal and Static meshes work but Textures do not. I've been needing textures from both games to be exportable, and seeing as the developers have said that both games will not be extensively updated further, I figured it would be all right to finally have them supported somehow. Dungeon Defenders, the original that is, was stated that this update is the absolute final one. Dungeon Defenders 2 is likely soon to be finished as the studio is focusing on a new sequel now.
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 01:19 »

So textures are no longer supported? I kind of need those for the models to be useful for what I need them for. This is the same situation as Dungeon Defenders 2, Skeletal and Static meshes work but Textures do not. I've been needing textures from both games to be exportable, and seeing as the developers have said that both games will not be extensively updated further, I figured it would be all right to finally have them supported somehow. Dungeon Defenders, the original that is, was stated that this update is the absolute final one. Dungeon Defenders 2 is likely soon to be finished as the studio is focusing on a new sequel now.

I've some textures saved somewhere on my HDs, but i think they've like 2 years.
Else i think you can use Ninja ripper to get them out of the game, but i think you need to have the models "loaded" or "on screen" don't know the usage of that.
Jump to: