March 28, 2024, 13:53
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: A little help with .staticmesh files please?  (Read 586 times)
Bamvids

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2020, 22:04 »

Hello, a while ago I ripped the Asylum map from APB using the Unreal Package Extractor, but the files it spit out had the .staticmesh file extension.  Does anyone know a way to import them to any modeling software, or convert these to a usable format?  Been looking for a solution to this for a long time now.  I've asked around pretty much everywhere but here.  Thanks in advance.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 22:12 »

https://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/faq
What's the difference between "export", "save" and "extract" terms?
Bamvids

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 23:24 »

Huh, I was even looking through the faq earlier today and must have missed that section.  So you're saying that a .staticmesh can't be converted into a usable mesh in any way, correct?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 10:28 »

Yes.
BatFan

Smasha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 22:42 »

Hey
I looking for PSA anim from Static Meshes, expecially it is automatic doors from UE3 game.

But I'm not sure where is placed, and which package.
If I find that package in game directory, it will be propably package with one class - animations.
I know how to add Animations to objects and Characters finally to the UDK, but there's a lot of packages to check right now.

I have same mesh with textures but it doesn't exported the animations, because it already missing, so I need looking inside in the another exported packages to find that animations and add to my game.

Then I will soon show short wideo here from Youtube  that it working correctly.
And I have hope, that someone will be interested in my upcoming game.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 23:05 »

The thread was about something different, but ok ... I'll respond instead of removing things.

I looking for PSA anim from Static Meshes, expecially it is automatic doors from UE3 game.
PSA animation is created for SKELETAL mesh, not for the static one. Static meshes could be animated only with "procedural" way - in UE4 you can use curves etc, and embed them into blueprint. Anyway, there's NO "static mesh animation" asset exists, for ANY version of Unreal engine.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: