March 28, 2024, 19:56
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Materials messed up in 3ds Max  (Read 365 times)
mas

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2020, 17:59 »

Hi, hopefully this is the correct section to ask this. I've extracted a model using umodel and loaded it into 3ds Max. The materials are messed up and it seems to be applying the same material to every object:

Any ideas would be appreciated as I've been stuck on this for ages, I've tried all the various umodel export settings etc..

Thanks
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 18:01 »

How this mesh appears in UModel? Show a screenshot please, including mode with "show materials as color" (activated with key "M").
mas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 20:05 »

This is one of the meshes (there are over 500 in that scene). This is meant to be a piece of road:

I wasn't sure if that was with show materials mode activated or not, when I press M it just goes to a grey material with the message:
0: WorldGridMaterial (Material13), 5168 tris

The vast majority of meshes are like this, one or two seem to be ok or have a wrong but normal looking material applied.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 20:07 by mas » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 20:30 »

Ok, that information is enough. Materials are NOT assigned to static meshes. They're assigned in some different way, e.g. with use of scene itself (SceneComponent) or with use of blueprints. So, UModel and 3ds Max has identical pictures. Everything is correct, there's no errors here.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: