Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Applying animation to a different rig from the same game in umodel  (Read 489 times)
iio640

View Profile
Applying animation to a different rig from the same game in umodel
« on: March 22, 2020, 16:42 »

Hey, been trying to figure this out myself for the last few days now but im not getting any luck so thought I would ask incase its something that cant be done directly in Umodel or im missing something.

I have some animation files from Jedi Fallen Order which were ripped from umodel (not by me) and there are characters in this pack using animations which were not meant for them to use in the game. For instance I have a stormtrooper using animation files from the main character doing lightsaber fight moves.

I can find these animations myself using umodel but I can only apply them to the specific character rig they are intended for. Using CTRL + A on the rig finds all animations but not the fighting ones - I have also opened the stormtrooper rig then navigated to the animation file from say the inquisitor and used append but this does not add the animation to the stormtrooper rig.

How can this be achieved? There must be a way as I have a bunch of these characters all using different animations from the game.

Thanks for any help Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Applying animation to a different rig from the same game in umodel
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 17:03 »

You can press Ctrl+A multiple times. In my recent video I'm showing different ways of attaching animations, including explicit loading with package browser.
https://youtu.be/rew3u9eUucg
iio640

View Profile
Re: Applying animation to a different rig from the same game in umodel
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 22:26 »

Perfect!, just what I was looking for. Thanks for your help
Jump to: