March 28, 2024, 16:55
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: coordinate problems  (Read 135 times)
Borjita

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2020, 06:49 »

Hi guys, I have problems with the coordinates of the objects I get from umodel. When I take out the items in question, and load them into 3dsmax they are all at 0.0.0. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? If I press Control + T the application does nothing. Please, can you help me? I am really desperate. The model has many parts and it is difficult to group them in 3dsmax. It does not fit. Mychas Thanks in advance, I really admire your work! Thanks a lot! Wink
Borjita

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 09:10 »

Sorry for my second message, I have been trying all night and I am not able .... I have already tried everything ... the model is separated by pieces, and each piece has position 0,0,0 when 3dsmax arrives. Is there a file in the game, such as a log, that shows the coordinates? Really desperate Sad
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 11:05 »

I'd suggest recording a video to explain your problem.
Borjita

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 16:31 »

Import files to 3dsmax ..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4i0v7fpekxr8et/Captura%20de%20pantalla%20%28182%29.png?dl=0

But some objects are in position 0,0,0. The objects are not in their real position. they come together and I have to manually separate them. Roll Eyes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwcvzkehysl89gi/Captura%20de%20pantalla%20%28184%29.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3batic50ehimto9/Captura%20de%20pantalla%20%28185%29.png?dl=0

Objects lose their original position. In circuits I have no problem, but in cars it is difficult to put everything in its positions and that the object is well mounted-

Thank you very much for answering me, I have been trying to solve this for several days.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 16:46 »

Objects are positioned in LEVEL. You're exporting/importing standalone meshes. The mesh could be used many times in many levels - so what position do you expect there?
Regarding Ctrl+T which you mentioned before, it is intended to work with multi-part skeletal meshes, not with statics.
Borjita

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 16:51 »

Is there a way to load all the files into a real engine? If I load it in a real engine, could I see everything in their positions?
Borjita

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 17:01 »

There should be a file inside the .pak that indicates the position of each object in each level, right?

How does the object know which position to take in each level?
there must be a file that marks the position of the object
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 17:11 »

There's "Level" object (not "file") which knows how level is constructed. It's not just positioning of meshes, it's much much more complex thing (it's not a Doom 1 engine, it's 20 years newer tech).
Borjita

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 17:15 »

If I could open that LEVEL object and put the positions manually, by coordinates ... it would be a solution. what do you think?
Another question, last night I was searching the forum with no luck.
How can I open a game in a real engine if I already have it unpacked? Can you upload loose files from a game to Unreal Engine?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 17:20 by Borjita » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 19:16 »

How can I open a game in a real engine if I already have it unpacked? Can you upload loose files from a game to Unreal Engine?
Look at FAQ, search for "editor" word.
Borjita

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 19:36 »

And the last question, thank you very much for the speed! Can the data extracted from a pack be repackaged? For example, I want to change a texture of a car.

Can it be packaged and will the game read this file again?

Thanks!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: