March 28, 2024, 20:16
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Tera need viewing model help  (Read 10396 times)
jin999
« on: January 10, 2011, 00:48 »

Hi all

I downloaded Tera but  i am unable to view the gpk file. When i attempt to open them with umodel gui it does not work  and when i drag the file in umdel.exe it just shows me texture file and when i press pg up or pg down it doesn't show the model or any animation
can someone give me some tips

thanks in advance

ps : I started this thread due the other thread had been locked so sorry if its double posting
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 01:27 »

it just shows me texture file and when i press pg up or pg down it doesn't show the model or any animation
Most probably your gpk file has no models inside. Try other files.
ps : I started this thread due the other thread had been locked so sorry if its double posting
Thread was locked because it became too large and hard to get useful information from it. I've asked to post new questions in the new threads.
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 21:12 »

have you browsed more? It first display alot of textures then the model. In the gui or in script choose -meshes to only show meshes so it skips the textures (the textures are still shown on the model)
jin999
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 20:39 »

yes thanks gildor i was able to view the meshes using the pg up and pg down keys. but the problem now is how do i extract the gpk pakages i was trying to export it using the -export command but it gives error. can u please give me some advise

thanks in advance
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 00:02 »

This is how I do it:

1. Place umodel files in PACKAGES folder of tera, it will then find all sub-folders etc
2. Create a file in notepad and name it extract.bat

Make sure when you save the file that you choose FILE FORMAT All files *.* not *.txt

In this file write umodel -extract -all XXXXXX.gpk (where XXXXX is the name of file)

3. Run extract.bat by double-click

Umodel will now look in all folders inside PACKAGES and find this file. It will then extract everything it finds in that file to a separate folder

Voila, done
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: