March 29, 2024, 19:25
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Connecting Multiple .psk mesh armatures?  (Read 464 times)
ItzPixel

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2020, 23:02 »

Hi, so I've been trying all day to try and get the hair connected to the rest of the armature, but every time i do it something goes wrong, it looks like there is duplicate bones from the body skeleton and the hair one. I'm a total noob at Blender so i have no idea how to fix this.

I can supply a .blend file if it would help, but this is the best way i can show it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6n1fdq_f-4
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 23:04 by ItzPixel » Logged
Faby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 23:55 »

Yes, each comes with it's own armature so when you combine them, there will be duplicates. Take the ones that are parented to duplicate bones, parent them to the main ones and delete the duplicates.
ItzPixel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 01:27 »

Yeah, i managed to do that thanks Smiley is there a simple way to change the hair to be more realistic other than messing on with textures etc...? I have installed hairnet but i can't seem to figure out how to turn the mesh into "blender hair" as it were
Faby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 06:56 »

If you apply all the correct texture maps, including the alpha/opacity map, it should look as good as it would in-game.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 10:05 »

Hair Material use Opacity/Alpha masks, so make sure your material for it is set to Alpha Clip (Material Properties).

and when merging multiple skeletons, merge top to bottom (Hat, FaceAcc, then Body last).

After merge, click on select by suffix, type in .001 (and 002, 003 etc) to delete dups and some may need to be reparented back to main bones.

Blender + Linux User Here.
ItzPixel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 16:58 »

Yeah, i know how to alpha clip the hair etc..was more so to create new hair particles in blender from the imported mesh Smiley
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: