March 29, 2024, 00:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Huxley  (Read 16851 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 18:23 »

I have found a Huxley's file which isn't supported by umodel. That is because umodel used file version to detect game. Umodel used 496/22 before. Now (I have updated umodel again) it uses 496/20..22.
If somebody will find an unsupported file - please tell here about this, and provide the file version. I'm really need help here - I have only 2 packages from this game, and I have no ability to download a full game from Internet just to test model files.
Version can be seen using "-pkginfo" command line option (umodel -pkginfo <package>)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:24 by esr911 » Logged
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2009, 18:39 »

you are THE MAN! I will of course help to provide more info but not until monday probably, i know cchrox will help because he is also THE MAN Smiley
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2009, 19:17 »

I have found one Huxley file which is not supported by umodel. That is because umodel used file version to detect game. Umodel used 496/22 before. Now (I have updated umodel again) it uses 496/20..22.
If somebody will find unsupported file - please tell here about this, providing file version. I'm really need help here - I have only 2 packages from this game, and I have no ability to download a full game from Internet just to test model files.
Version can be seen using "-pkginfo" command line option (umodel -pkginfo <package>)

Dude, I got your back

..:: ESR ::..
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 19:31 »

ok, just one example here:

ver: 491/13

I get an error:

Unable to serialize data

FFileReader::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FString<< <- ReadNameTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:MARK/CH_MARK_AT.upk
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2009, 22:11 »

Here is a render from a Huxley file Smiley

pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2009, 03:33 »

I think this archive that is 7mb compressed has some good stuff inside to look at gildor

http://files.filefront.com/CHrar/;13728934;/fileinfo.html
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 01:25 »

I have updated umodel for better Huxley autodetection.
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2009, 03:54 »

some more files are supported now Smiley I just realized that whole folder takes 8gb and the maps take 5gb of those. Would be nice with future support for static meshes Wink

You are doing a very good job gildor
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 06:22 »

some more files are supported now Smiley I just realized that whole folder takes 8gb and the maps take 5gb of those. Would be nice with future support for static meshes Wink

You are doing a very good job gildor

It's likely that extraction of StaticMeshes may come in the future. Gildor doesn't have any plans for it right now. I know because I already asked Wink Gildor is working on other things which are deemed more important right now, like adding more functionality for the renderer.

I was surprised and very thankful too that he decided to add Huxley support. I guess he was inspired by the awesome graphics, and video Wink

Huxley is crazy. The have like 3 different package versions for their game. Very strange indeed.

..:: ESR ::..
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2009, 11:02 »

Awesome job.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2009, 12:31 »

Huxley is crazy. The have like 3 different package versions for their game. Very strange indeed.
Huxley has 12 different file versions Wink
UE3 games are usually cooked before release, and all game files uses a single file version. But Huxley is a MMO game (like Lineage2), which is developed now. The Game engine is modified too, so file versions are floating. Future game versions may be unsupported by umodel (it happens with Lineage a few times).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 17:53 by esr911 » Logged
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2009, 17:12 »

Until the release of Huxley, Gildor has voluntarily disabled support for Huxley in Umodel. This is to protect the game for any adverse public response, and any undue attention. I can assure everyone that it will be fully enabled after the game has been released (not necessarily shipped). It is Gilor's and Umodel's policy not to enable support for games before they have been released.

I know that this isn't great news, but it is very much needed, and shows the great integrity and honesty that Gildor has to support unreal and protect the people who have invested possibly millions to produce a product that we have the luxury of modding. All that we are sacrificing is a little time, nothing more.
Please refer back to the Umodel Tested Support thread for more information

Umodel Tested Support
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php?topic=126.0

..:: ESR911 ::..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 17:16 by esr911 » Logged
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2009, 16:29 »

This is actually good news for several reasons...

The main reason is games like Huxley once released most likely get a major update in terms of content and engine build, so it would be a problem of time and understanding from many folks on why they couldn't extract Huxley or view it with Umodel...I mean it's not like everyone understands Extraction and Build of game engines...

So yeah, I don't see an issue with this action...only more of a positive side to it.
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2009, 11:52 »

I fully agree and understand so no problems here. But you do mean a "western" release because the game is already out in korea.
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2009, 15:43 »

Most games in Western release get an overhaul, like Neo-Steam for example and Lineage 2, so most likely Gildor is holding out for those versions.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: