March 28, 2024, 18:41
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Export Morphs?  (Read 4927 times)
renpon

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2020, 17:10 »

I have seen someone modify the umodel's source to make umodel export morphs as a seperate .psk or .gltf so you can merge them in a 3d application
Basically what it does is it makes each morph as Base Shape like applies the morph to mesh then exports it
It also gives the morphs name to the exported skeleton, which makes it easier to know which one is which then you can basically import them all and join them as morph shapes but its not working for every model...

I really hope you can implement this because this is great and working perfectly when you combine files in a 3d program

Also thank you for your work on umodel !

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:44 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 17:38 »

I do have plans for making CORRECT export of morphs to glTF. Not doing the separate mesh for each morph, but exporting mesh delta alongside with the mesh itself. Psk export is not planned at all, otherwise I'd need to update my importer script (and therefore install 3ds Max to my laptop again).
The approach which is used in this patch is not acceptable for me.
Anyway, I see this code is based on quite recent version of "original" UModel, so all supported games should work. If not - probably the game is not supported?
renpon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 17:43 »

Normal umodel is opening the gamefiles but this one is not opening it lemme copy paste the error
Code:
ProcessVerts <- ConvertLod:lod=0 <- USkeletalMesh4::ConvertMesh <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'SK_Louis_Another.SK_Louis_Another', pos=4D3C77, ver=514/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.18 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SK_Louis_Another <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=(unversioned)

And its sad to hear you have no plans exporting psk like this, i don't think it would harm your importer since it exports everything just like how it normally exports psk just multiple stuff but you'd know better so
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 17:47 »

May be this umodel has some differences, or may be you're running original and patched umodel with different settings. What game was that?
renpon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 17:48 »

Code Vein which uses unreal engine 4.18, and this umodel is working on some models but not working for others, i am really confused why wouldn't it
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 17:50 »

Perhaps it has changes outside of just ExportPsk.cpp
renpon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 17:52 »

I have no idea if it does, this is what he shared and he said he only copied things inside exportpsk , and i thought id let you know and hoped that maybe it gives you an idea or two
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 17:56 by renpon » Logged
renpon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 05:46 »

You can delete/close the topic if theres nothing to do about it ! thanks for replying  Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 09:56 »

You may track this
https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/board,11.0.html
or this
https://twitter.com/UGildor

Recently I'm trying to return to UE Viewer development, so may be morphs will be available sooner than I expected.
renpon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 13:31 »

Will do ! that is a great news ! hope it goes well for you and as always thank you for your hard work
MisterPrawn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 03:16 »

Has there been any updates on proper Morph export? I would use that modified version of Umodel, but it seems to crash on the game I try to use it on (SpongeBob SquarePants Battle For Bikini Bottom Rehydrated, btw).

It'd be really nice if there was any news on Morph Exporting, considering the majority of the characters in BFBB Rehydrated animate their faces via morphs.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 08:52 »

Nothing has been done - it's just "planned". However it is not in "short" TODO list. I'm trying to follow my own priorities with umodel over past and next month.
RamenBoy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 09:01 »

hello, i am very curious if umodel got (or if its possible to have) this feature! (export the model with morph as shape keys)
i know that there is scaleform and facefx for options but i dont know if this is the same thing.

i saw at this video from unreal dev. team that they are working on a plugin to export that feature from blender to unreal. (the reverse, right?)

https://youtu.be/yOELHvKqiHU?t=2881
(the example start around 48 49 mintes )

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:03 by RamenBoy » Logged
Cyreal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 17:21 »

Can someone please provide the build of this umodel that renpon is talking about? This is a fast and perfect solution to exporting morphs for Blender users. Thanks!
Soulax

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 00:22 »

I'm posting juste to tell that a lot of ppl are waiting for this feature (exporting morphs) <3
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: