March 29, 2024, 03:17
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Train Sim World 2020  (Read 1851 times)
UP5468

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2020, 07:21 »

I've been googling for information about this for a long time, but the only thing I can find on this topic https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php?topic=6331.0

The information in that topic is too old to adapt to the Train Sim World 2020 and the problem still exist: skeletalmesh & animation can crash the umodel. The error always same:
SkeletalMesh

Animation

I tried many versions of the UModel, including the latest version,umodel just crashes when I trying to export any skeletalmesh or animation.

Currently,UModel(Latest Version) can successfully export following resource from Train Sim World 2020: Textures,StaticMesh,Sound.

So, could you make the UModel to fully support Train Sim World 2020? Also,if you need some sample assets file,I can provide some.

Game Information for Train Sim World 2020
Game publisher:Dovetail Games
UnrealEngine Version(Currently):4.16
Game's Main executable file info:

UP5468

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 14:46 »

Today I have compared SkeletalMesh files between Old game version & Current game version.The file header's content mostly same,but have some different byte code in new version.mesh content also mostly same,but some different byte code appears at some address in the new version's SkeletalMesh.I think these diff lead umodel to crash.

Also,here is the Train Sim World's sample file,I picked some SkeletalMesh and StaticMesh in it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CIWBoz4dy4to6f4v2qiCCle7qLrao0VM/view?usp=sharing
Wowfe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 01:35 »

So has anyone figured out a solution to this problem?
Reverend Speed

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 20:01 »

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problems. I'm not particularly experienced with UE or extracting models, but have tried using my copy of TSW2020 with the latest Umodel, with no success (having tried every version of UE4 in the Umodel UI, starting with 4.16 as specified on this page).

At this point I've tried using Briage and 3D Ripper DX for Train Simulator 2020 and UE for TSW, with no joy. I bought these games hoping to use them as research for building my own train models for my own game, but it looks like I'll have to make do with screenshots.

Much appreciation for Gildor and the Umodel tool - in fairness, I recognise it's hard to cover every product. Nonetheless, I'll keep an eye on the compatibility page...! =D
UP5468

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 04:42 »

Ninja Ripper works in railworks,always.But Ninja Ripper cannot rip tsw's mesh,when you ripped something from tsw,you will see a big messey ball in these mesh,that should be a railcar mesh.
Wowfe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 03:28 »

I can confirm it doesn't work with ninja ripper, gotta wonder why tho well anyway our best bet is when they release TSW2 the models from that game will be extractable
Reverend Speed

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 20:32 »

Ninja Ripper works in railworks,always.But Ninja Ripper cannot rip tsw's mesh,when you ripped something from tsw,you will see a big messey ball in these mesh,that should be a railcar mesh.

Hi @UP5468 ! I suspect that I've tried your method already, but could I trouble you to write a more detailed description of your ripping technique? I'm using Windows 10, and I've had trouble using Ninja Ripper in the past - perhaps your advice can put me on the right... track? (DOH HO HO HO) Thanks in advance... =D
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 02:21 »

Here is specific umodel build for newest versions of the game (link), you need to use game specific override option. I didn't test it much, since only a few samples were available, but it should work with all meshes and presumably animations. Btw, the game is using weird approach to versioning, but forced override option should help to avoid wrong usage.

* Clipboard00.jpg (225.47 KB, 2542x1240 - viewed 853 times.)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: