March 28, 2024, 23:41
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Discolored texture  (Read 293 times)
trussive

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2020, 10:10 »

Hello. I am extracting from a Switch game, but the textures seem to be discolored. They are fine in the viewer, but once exported, they appear orange-ish.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 10:16 »

Hi,
1. Show me a screenshot.
2. Do you know about the option for selecting "Nintendo Switch" platform in UModel, which can't be ignored if you want to get correct textures?
3. Do you know how original texture should look like? I'm not asking about MATERIAL, I'm talking about texture which is used in material.
trussive

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 10:21 »

All is fine on the model preview, and yes, I've selected the Nintendo Switch platform.

(Sorry for the image size.)

Whenever the texture exports, it looks like this

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 10:30 »

The texture is exported in exactly the same way as UModel sees, and as it use it for rendering. So, there are possibilities:
1. You're looking at DIFFERENT texture
2. The texture is correct, it just has yellow and orange parts, and yellow ones are used for a mesh

Something else? I don't see any reason why UModel will render orange texture as yellow. You should research it yourself with a viewer. I'd do the following:
1. In mesh viewer, press "M" and see which material is mapped to yellow part.
2. Browse to that material with PgUp/PgDn keys (may be faster if you'll select "Navigate | Browse materials" option)
3. Press "M" key again, see a list of textures used there. Check every used texture.
4. I'd also compare how the exported "orange" texture appears in UModel.
trussive

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 11:11 »

Alright, I looked at the textures that are seen on UModel, and they appear to be properly colored. This texture is the diffuse texture for SpongeBob. (In the original post, I had the wrong texture, but this should be proper.)

The diffuse texture that gets exported is just a completely transparent texture with a few white spheres on the top right.

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: