Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Select and open multiple PSA files at once  (Read 776 times)
onitfaaa

View Profile
Select and open multiple PSA files at once
« on: July 07, 2020, 10:24 »

Hello gildor, at present, when I use "actorximporter", I often encounter the situation that I need to open multiple PSA files many times. Can you add the function of selecting and opening multiple PSA files at one time for "actorximporter"? thank you very much!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Select and open multiple PSA files at once
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 10:28 »

From changelog:
16.10.2017 v1.34
- added possibility to select and open multiple psk files at time
??
onitfaaa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 10:32 »

From changelog:
16.10.2017 v1.34
- added possibility to select and open multiple psk files at time
??

Hello, I want to support opening multiple "PSA" at a time, not "PSK".

* psa.jpg (84.93 KB, 337x726 - viewed 243 times.)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 10:37 »

Ah, sorry - I've misread your message. I'd suggest doing animation export in a different (more correct) way to get 1 psa containing all character's animations.
Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rew3u9eUucg (I'm referring to it lots of times)
Relevant part about animation export starts at time 15:00, but I'd recommend watching the full video - it is FULL of information.
onitfaaa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 11:54 »

Ah, sorry - I've misread your message. I'd suggest doing animation export in a different (more correct) way to get 1 psa containing all character's animations.
Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rew3u9eUucg (I'm referring to it lots of times)
Relevant part about animation export starts at time 15:00, but I'd recommend watching the full video - it is FULL of information.
   Thank you, gildor. The "find animation" export method you directed is very useful, which makes the resources very neat, and "PSA" is also integrated. I will use this method to export in the future.
   But I still want to ask if "actorx importer" can add the function of opening multiple PSA at one time? At present, I have many separate PSA. Since the game has been deleted, I can't export it again. I can only open all PSA repeatedly in 3DMAX. If I can open more than one PSA at a time, it will become very efficient. Is it possible to achieve this?

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 12:14 »

Sorry, but
1. I'd prefer to not install Max to my laptop anymore. It adds some unneeded services (remote rendering, license validation, auto-update etc) what makes Windows slower. I'd like to keep my Windows as much clear as possible.
2. The feature you're requesting will require major rewrite of importer. Right now it is designed to have only one PSA file loaded. Having 2 or more files will require a lot of coding in MaxScript (what's quite hard to me, as I'm C++ coder).
onitfaaa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 12:34 »

Sorry, but
1. I'd prefer to not install Max to my laptop anymore. It adds some unneeded services (remote rendering, license validation, auto-update etc) what makes Windows slower. I'd like to keep my Windows as much clear as possible.
2. The feature you're requesting will require major rewrite of importer. Right now it is designed to have only one PSA file loaded. Having 2 or more files will require a lot of coding in MaxScript (what's quite hard to me, as I'm C++ coder).

OK, I see. Thank you very much. Cheesy Cheesy
Jump to: